Chapter 35

Amane was suspicious when Hanako suddenly stopped in the middle of the woods. "What are you doing? We're still far from the Senju Compound."

Hanako sighed. "If we put a foot in there uninvited, it won't go nice for us. Let's wait here, he already noticed us anyway."

"He?"

Her question answered itself when Tobirama emerged from the shadows. "That was fast, I didn't expect you to be back so soon," he mocked. "Were you scolded again and ran away?"

"Were you here? How did you come so fast?" Amane narrowed her eyes.

"Flying Thunder God." Hanako turned towards him with a sly smirk. "You marked me when you pushed me off the cliff."

"I needed some guarantee in case you might be a spy. I was just taking precautions." Tobirama crossed his arms over his chest. "So, why are you here?"

"I would like the medic to take care of Hikari. Her condition is critical."

The Senju raised both of his eyebrows. "You were intent on leaving a few days ago, and now you want her to be here. Why the sudden change of heart?" Tobirama grinned. "Do you not trust your birth clan anymore?"

Amane frowned. "Obviously we do, she's just desperate about helping her sister, and we don't have any medics. This is just the best option for her at the moment."

Tobirama looked at Amane for a moment before returning his gaze to the younger Uchiha. "I'm just going for the best option," she muttered lowly.

"Just so that we keep things clear between us, I know what my brother told you, but I can never trust the clan that killed over half of our people over the years. Even if we do join forces, I won't trust them." Tobirama pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "Give this to your sister, I'll pick her up at midnight. And don't do anything rash."

After that, he left. Hanako looked at the symbol displayed on the paper and sighed. Amane frowned. "Well, after what seemed like a death threat, I never expected him to lend us a hand... this is surprising."

"He's only doing it because I'm half Senju," Hanako huffed. "Otherwise, we would be dead already."

* * *

Kira Uchiha coughed furiously while protecting herself from the cold weather inside a cave. With heavy breaths, she leaned against the hard rock wall and closed her eyes. "Why is this happening now?" she frowned. "What did I do wrong?"

She could feel her entire body trembling, her skin had thinned and blotched. Her hair was turning gray and wrinkles were forming around her eyes. "That kid... I'm going to murder that kid..." Kira growled between clenched teeth. She forced her chakra to spread along its channels and across her whole body. Slowly the wrinkles straightened, and her hair turned back into its black color with still few gray highlights.

The woman knew she didn't have much time left and stood. Murderous intent hid beneath her bright red eyes.

* * *

The next morning, for everyone in the main Uchiha household, it appeared like Hikari had just vanished into thin air. Hanako and Amane shared a look of complicity, which was noted by Madara. The man narrowed his eyes at the young girl, and without a warning he reached for her arm and forcefully dragged her outside the room.

His grip was too tight. Hanako groaned in pain, especially when she was thrown against the wall inside Madara's room. "What the hell is your problem?!"

Her voice died in her throat when she looked into Madara's red, gleaming eyes. He's going to kill me, were the thoughts that rampaged inside her mind.