Chapter 19

The three Uchiha were surrounded by a large group of shinobi from the Hagoromo and Senju Clan. They had almost used all of their chakra but their opponents seemed to be infinite. Madara growled, realizing the ambush had been schemed a while back by the two clans.

Even though everything seemed lost, Madara sensed the chakra of his brother and several high ranks from the clan. A huge grin formed on his face, alerting the enemy shinobi.

Night had fallen over the fighting ninja. Hanako was panting heavily, and her muscles were trembling and cramping all over. She fell to her knees, unable to move anymore. Amane was looking at her, but four Senju had ganged up on her. One of them noticed the situation for the youngest Uchiha. With a smirk, he separated from the group and went to attack her.

The Senju raised his sword and aimed for the girls neck. Hanako looked up just in time to get blinded by the moon's reflection in the metal edge.

"Hanako!" Amane screamed desperately. The man brought down his sword.

Metal clashed against metal. Red eyes blazed in the darkness as blood ran down the metal sword. Izuna looked over his shoulder at the unmoving girl. "Tired already?" he asked her in a mocking tone.

Hanako didn't reply. Her body had already stopped responding, her chakra had been suddenly depleting after the constant usage of the hitsurugi. She overused it without measuring how much chakra it consumed, and now she had been rendered useless in the middle of a battlefield.

Her vision darkened at the corners. So pathetic...

"Hey, are you okay?!" Izuna was becoming erratic after several seconds passed and Hanako didn't reply.

The high ranks were quickly taking care of the novices, while Madara—with a new-found charge of adrenaline—took care of all the Senju in the field.

"Her chakra is dangerously low." Amane appeared by Izuna's side, eyeing the small Uchiha worriedly. Her eyes focused once again on the bracelet. Hanako's chakra was focusing on the bright metal. "That thing is sucking all of her chakra reserves."

Izuna kneeled closer to the girl and ripped the bracelet off her wrist in a swift motion. The flames adorning the piece of jewelry shone a bright red and flames surrounded the metal. "Guess it wasn't happy I took it off."

"Is that a ritual weapon?" one of the surviving Hagoromo asked. He had remained silently hidden while the Uchiha finished off the rest of his team in hopes of getting some information, but once he recognized the rare object in front of him he couldn't miss the chance.

Amane glared at him. "You mean that stupid bracelet. Yeah, the hitsurugi or whatever..."

The man widened his eyes in surprise as his lips curled up into a confident grin. "How about we make a deal?"

Izuna checked Hanako for injuries, finding several cuts in her clothes. He picked up the girl in his arms and focused in the battlefield. After they arrived, they quickly took the upper hand. With a smirk he looked back at the Hagoromo with a grin. "I don't think you're in a position to deal with us."

However, the man didn't flinch. "Yes, I am. We poisoned our weapons before the ambush. And I think all three of you were cut at least once." He grinned. "Unless you get treated, you'll get sick and die in a matter of days."

Izuna looked back at the girl, she was turning pale and her breathing was ragged. He cursed lowly and glared back at the man. "What kind of deal?"

The man pulled out and clear bottle with a yellow liquid inside. "This is the antidote. About a spoonful of this will be enough to neutralize the poison. I'll give this bottle to you to treat anyone poisoned, and in exchange you'll let me leave with that weapon." He pointed at the metal bracelet.