Chapter 23

Shisui continued to stare at the woman that had just appeared. She looked almost exactly like Akira, except for the few decades she looked younger, and the white highlights dyed in her black hair.

"Kira, you came." Akira acknowledged the woman with a brief nod. Kira smiled brightly.

"Of course, my sister called after years! Why wouldn't I be happy to oblige?" Her eyes then fell on the boy still in the room. "So, who's the handsome man here?"

"He was just leaving." Akira smiled once more at Shisui, gesturing at the door.

"Awe, boring." Kira pouted. Without words, except for a dubious glance towards Akira's sister, Shisui left. 

"Did you see how he looked at me?" Kira grinned. "I think he likes me."

Akira sighed loudly. "He's a hundred years too young for you and already taken."

"Come on, do I look like a hundred years old to you?"

Akira grinned. "No, but I know you're almost thirty-six, and he's only sixteen. I hope you're not a pedophile, sis." 

Kira huffed, "He looked older than sixteen. My bad." She took a seat on the couch and looked at Akira with curiosity. "So, what is it that you wanted to ask me?"

"I heard that you continued Amane's research."

Kira narrowed her eyes. "You're not going to stop me, are you?"

Akira smirked. "No, actually I have a proposition to make." She opened a drawer in the kitchen and took a scroll out. Kira widened her eyes when she recognized the parchment. "My daughter, and that boy you met, found this in the forbidden section of the Uchiha Library. It's Amane's journal. If you bring my daughter back to me, I'll let you keep this."

The older sister grinned widely. "And where is your daughter?"

"You mean when. She's 100 years in the past."

Kira burst out laughing. "You're kidding!" However, Akira didn't laugh. "Or not..."

"Please, it's the only thing I have ever asked of you."

Kira took a deep breath. "Well, I have enough years to spare to bring back your kid. Which one is it, though, Hikari or..."

"Hanako."

"The one born after your little affair..." Kira smirked. "You know, I never questioned your taste with Yusuke. He was good-looking, but kind of useless as a ninja. I wasn't surprised when I heard about his death."

"Kira, I didn't ask for your opinion."

"Of course not, but you need to hear this." Kira leaned forward and looked at her sister with serious eyes. "People here will call you names when word goes out about Hanako's father. In all honesty, I kind of like Kenzou better anyway. He seemed like the kind of guy who would give anything for his family," her lips curled up, "and is powerful enough to protect it." Akira looked away. "You are my twin sister, Akira. Don't forget that I know what you're thinking and I'm the only one who can understand how you feel. I don't want you to get hurt. If you have to move to the Senju Clan to protect your family, do it." Kira smiled and stood up. "I never formed a family, but you guys are my family. Even if you want to keep the kids away from my crazy tendencies."

Akira looked at her older sister with firm eyes. "Kira..."

"Of course, I wouldn't have kids anyway. Did you know that your body ages ten years for each kid you have? That's why you look twenty years older than me!" Kira laughed harder.

Akira shook her head. "Ah, I haven't told you, have I?" She looked at her sister with a smirk. "I had two more kids. They're twins."

Kira's eyes glowed. "Take me to meet them right now!"