Chapter 26

"Ugh!" A man stiffened once he was trapped by a thick wire formed by the Hitsurugi. The temperature of the silver metal increased, leaving severe burns on his skin. Hanako closed her eyes when she heard the spirit weapon laughing in her subconscious. It was her twentieth victim, but she didn't seem to have had enough. Fire consumed the man, leaving only ashes.

"Hey, tone it down a bit, would you? I'm allergic to dust." Amane was covering her mouth with the sleeves of her clothing. A small smile reached Hanako's lips.

"I'm sorry." She could hear the Hitsurugi laughing in delight.

Ahh, that was quite a banquet. I haven't had a meal like this in what, one hundred years? All of my users have been completely useless until now.

Hanako could feel the spirit of the weapon wrapping her arms around her body. An exhaled breath caressed her cheeks.

I'm not letting you leave me. Ever. You belong to me, Hanako Uchiha.

The Hitsurugi returned to its bracelet form around Hanako's wrist, and the image in her mind faded.  "You were starving..."

There were tons of ashes surrounding them, all the product of the Hitsurugi's needs. Amane observed with disgust the grass painted gray after Hanako's ambush. They got rid of all the bandits at least, so the people of the village shouldn't feel threatened anymore.

The castle stood high at the top of the mountains, hiding behind storm clouds. Hanako's Sharingan studied the place from afar. A spark of chakra made her own chakra flow more rapidly through her veins. "Let's go."

* * *

Under the influence of the unknown spirit, Utah had destroyed most of his home. Just as Kenji had said, there was no living soul in the place.

"This place was trashed." Amane picked a piece of cloth from the ground, tainted black with dry blood. "I don't even wanna know how they all died."

"Some things are best left unknown."

Chakra sparked again, calling Hanako's attention. It came from below them. Hanako narrowed her eyes. Perhaps the stone was underground. "Amane, we need to get under the floor."

"Huh? So you want me to look for an entrance?"

"No, hold on tight." Hanako's eyes morphed into the Mangekyou Sharingan. Green chakra surrounded Hanako's body, forming a thoracic cage. The bones formed a single arm, and muscle covered its hand up to the shoulder. In a single movement, Hanako directed a hit to the ground using Susanoo's arm, destroying it. The floor collapsed, and they both fell into an empty space. The green chakra surrounding Hanako disappeared when she hit the floor. A cloud of dust lifted, pebbles fell down and a growl echoed in the darkness.

"Argh!" Amane coughed furiously and her eyes watered. "Damn it, Hanako!"

The girl smirked. "Sorry, did that spike your allergies?"

Amane shot her a death glare. "You destroyed this place more than it originally was."

That only made the Uchiha shrug. "It's not like they'll be visiting this place anytime soon."

"At least, you could be more careful."

"Priorities." Hanako clicked her tongue. "Let's just get what we need and get the hell out of here. I'm getting goosebumps."

Amane's lips curved up. "Are you afraid of the dark?"

A shiver ran down Hanako's spine. "Shut up."

"That's cute."

"I said shut up."

The two girls walked in silence after that. With both their Sharingan, they had no trouble seeing through the dark. Red eyes glistened among the dense black until they found a wooden door. It was left open.