Chapter 14

Hanako was literally thrown out of the portal, and she hit the ground. When they opened the portal using Hikari's ability and set the location with her own, she had been mercilessly sucked and delivered into the present-time of the scroll. Hanako carefully poised herself back into her feet. Shisui and Hikari were nowhere to be seen, and Hanako couldn't sense them anywhere near.

"Hikari?" she called out loud. There was no answer. "Shisui?"

Hanako could feel the anxiety rising. "Guys?" There was no one around her. "Hey it's not fun to hide like that," she chuckled nervously, walking around the place, looking for the other two Uchiha. Her efforts were futile. There was literally no one close to her.

"Hey kid? You lost?" A sudden voice called to her.

There was a man, heavily armored, standing in the stone road before her. Hanako recognized the Senju Clan symbol on his collar. His chakra was similar to Hyori's, but for some reason it gave her a dangerous vibe. Why is there a Senju in the middle of nowhere? Where exactly am I?

"Hey, Itsu, this kid has the Uchiha crest on her back."

The man in front of Hanako narrowed his eyes. "An Uchiha? But those are not the clothes the Uchiha wear..." He took a step closer. "In fact, I've never seen those clothes before."

"Perhaps they've changed their style." The man behind Hanako laughed. "I haven't seen an Uchiha in ages. It will be satisfying to rip her eyes out."

Hanako clenched her fists. Who were these guys?

"Um, excuse me?" A girl interrupted them. She was wearing a brown cloak that hid her identity, so Hanako wasn't able to recognize her, but her voice was definitely familiar.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but we're kind of in an important business right now. Unless you want to get killed, I suggest you move on."

There was a smirk on her face, and she moved her hood just enough for her eyes to become visible. They were blood red, a black irregular pattern surrounded her pupil. "Let my sister go, would you?"

Both men fell, unmoving. Hanako looked at the woman. She took off her cloak and placed it around her shoulders. "If you show your crest like that, people will try to kill you at every step you take. We're in enemy territory."

Hanako was stunned. The woman in front of her, it was definitely her. "Amane..."

Amane widened her eyes. "How do you know my name? Who are you?"

Hanako clenched her hands around the cloak.

"You're the one who opened the portal? Are you from another dimension?" Amane suddenly smiled, as if she didn't believe what was happening. "This is crazy. I thought I was the only one capable of it, but look at you. How did you get here? Where are you from?" Her eyes skimmed her clothes. "Not from this timeline apparently. Are you like my granddaughter or something? Did I get married to a handsome man?"

Hanako closed her eyes. "I'm not related to you. I'm sorry, I'm just lost."

Amane crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I understand. You have to protect the timeline you're from, make sure you don't speak too much. The butterfly effect and all that, right?" She smiled. "You and I look a lot alike, there has to be a certain relation between us, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt. Your existence gives me hope at least. I really wanted a daughter, you know?" Amane looked at the road they were in.

Hanako inspected the woman in front of her. They were alike, but their personalities were totally different. Reincarnation? No, she wasn't. They were too different.