Chapter 37

Hanako arrived at the same meeting spot in the woods where she had first made a deal with Tobirama Senju. There, her sister was already waiting for her along with the Senju brothers. When Hikari came into view, Hanako raced towards her and wrapped her arms around her sister's neck. Hikari smiled widely and assured her she was fine.

"Don't ever scare me like that, Nee-chan." Hanako's voice muffled out as she hid her face into Hikari's chest. With a soft smile, Hikari caressed her sister's head, running her fingers through her hair.

"We did as much as we could, but it would be better if someone more adept into the clinical area would take a look at her." Tobirama announced. "Maybe, when you go back to wherever you came from, you could find someone."

Hanako looked up at the Senju brothers. They both had grim faces but managed to smile when their eyes met. "I think maybe a portion of our shinobi should focus on medicine." Hashirama got into a pondering stance. "I'm the leader now, I can perfectly do that. It would lower the weight on Ken'ichi's back."

"Aniki, we're in the middle of a war, we need all the shinobi on the field." Tobirama glared at his older brother, but Hashirama barely flinched.

"Shinobi also get sick." Hashirama glared back. "Look at the girl, we could barely treat her, what if someone from the clan gets sick?!"

"I've never seen anyone sick, why would they be sick now?" Hanako smiled slightly, she could see a vein starting to pop on Tobirama's forehead.

Suddenly, Hashirama coughed loudly. "Tobirama, I think I might have the flu, I need treatment."

Tobirama crossed his arms. "You must certainly not."

Hashirama continued, placing a hand on his forehead, he moaned. "Ah, I think I have a fever, my skin is so hot!"

"Jump into a river."

Hashirama gave his little brother an incredulous look but Tobirama was unfazed. "If you don't care about me, just say so!"

"I don't care about you."

Hashirama huffed and looked at the Uchiha girls with tears in his eyes. "Why is he so difficult?" He asked. "I mean, look at you. Both of you care so much about each other, and then I look at Tobirama and he's like 'jump into a river'..."

Hanako muffled a laugh, earning a pinch from Hikari. Tobirama sighed. "You're always like this brother, so dramatic. Sometimes the ideas you have are beyond crazy, I'm the rational one who puts you back on track."

"I'm already hurt, Tobi, but you know what would make me feel better?" Hashirama turned his back to him.

Tobirama already knew what was going through this brother's mind. "What?"

"Helping Ken'ichi. Let's make a team for him out of medics in training."

Tobirama took a deep breath. "Why are you always like this?"

Hashirama cried in agony. "My heart..."

"Fine!" Exasperated Tobirama crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I'll gather the best shinobi in chakra control who want to learn from Ken'ichi."

"Thanks Tobi, you're the best!" Hashirama hugged his brother tightly. "What would I do without you?"

"Yeah, yeah, hands off." Tobirama pushed his brother away before giving his attention back to the girls. They had been watching them with small smiles on their faces. "So, is this goodbye?"

Hashirama's mood cooled down and he gave them sad glances. "I..."

"Yeah..." Hanako nodded. "We have no longer any reason to stay here, so it's best we return back home."