Chapter 7

"I take it you have a plan other than stalking Ibiki-sensei from up here." Hanako looked at Kakashi as they hung onto some water pipes close to the ceiling of the Intelligence Division building. They were on the last floor, where Ibiki would normally keep the information gathered. It goes without saying they didn't exactly have the proper authorization to be there in the first place.

"That's pretty much the plan," said Kakashi in a hushed voice as he pulled himself a little closer to a column. "Unless you can suggest something better."

"We can always kidnap Ibiki, force him to tell us what he knows and then make him forget about it."

Kakashi looked at her as if she had left her brain back home when she decided to come. "I see so many flaws in that plan I don't have nearly as many fingers to count them."

Hanako rolled her eyes. "Creepy stalkers then?"

"Shh, he's coming."

Ibiki soon walked into the room, followed by the Third Hokage. Hanako's eyes became wide as plates. If he catches us, we're done. No more exciting missions for me.

"I understand that Ibiki, but we need to get it done as soon as possible."

Ibiki laughed a little, looking at the Third with concern in his eyes. "I don't think you understand, Hokage-sama, no one I know is capable of doing what you request."

The Hokage looked at Ibiki with a small smile, one that Ibiki came to find annoying as to what he was asking of him was nearly impossible. He never disliked the old man's optimism, but it didn't mix well in certain situations.

"Lucky for us, I do know a person capable of it." He smiled brightly and looked up, right at where the two Anbu were hiding. "What a perfect timing, I must say. Hanako, Kakashi, come down."

Hanako looked at the silver haired man and smirked. "What a perfect plan, huh?"

Once down, Hanako crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked away from the Hokage, Ibiki and Kakashi, not wanting to admit she had just been caught at eavesdropping. Kakashi, in his way, was trying to cope with the responsibility of failure. It had been his plan to listen in, after all.

"I really didn't expect the two of you to still be here." Ibiki was still trying to process what was happening. Looking especially surprised at Kakashi. "Weren't you supposed to be transferred back to Team Ro?"

Kakashi scratched the back of his neck with a nervous chuckle. "Yeah, but I had some things to finish with Hanako before I could leave calmly."

Ibiki quirked an eyebrow. "Up in the pipes?"

"He has some kinky fetishes," Hanako commented casually and became surprised at Ibiki's reddening face. It wouldn't be long before blood trickled down from his nose. The Hokage shook his head and looked at the ground with a frown, but Hanako didn't miss the slight blush in his upper cheeks. And well, Kakashi could die from embarrassment right there. He was so red Hanako could easily distinguish his face from both his hair and mask. "What?" She frowned. "Is something I said wrong?"

Kakashi took a deep breath. "Do you, at your age, even know what the words 'kinky' and 'fetish' mean? Both together and each separately."

Hanako shrugged, "Shisui said something along the lines of 'weird preferences' when I asked him."

Kakashi sighed relieved, "That's separately, but together they are normally used in a very specific context. Which you probably don't know about, so I am going to shut up now."

Hanako tilted her head to the side in curiosity. "Anyway," the Hokage cleared his throat, nearly composed after the earlier misunderstanding. "I won't question as to why both of you were up in the pipes, I'll just let it drop."