Chapter 12

It had been two days since Itachi had officially enrolled into the Anbu. The Uchiha were already waiting for him to report in their next meeting. Shisui knew he shouldn't leave Itachi alone and take some matters into his own hands, but first, he needed to lessen the pressure the village was exerting over their clan. Therefore, he asked for a meeting with the Hokage.

Hiruzen was surprised to hear such an unusual request. Of course, he would agree to listen to Shisui because he trusted he only wanted what's best for both sides. Shisui Uchiha wasn't a man who put his own interests first, and neither was he a man who let others step over him. He wanted peace and justice above all else.

"What did you want to talk about?" The Hokage asked the young Uchiha while observing the village. They stood at the highest floor of the Hokage Mansion, streets and houses lay small beneath them.

"I need a favor to ask from you, Lord Third." The tone in his voice was deeply serious but filled with respect and pride.

The Hokage looked at him from over his shoulder. "What kind of favor do you need from me, Shisui?"

"I need the proper authority to investigate my own clan, and find a way to stop their plans." Shisui was kneeling behind the Hokage, and bowing his head. The Hokage analyzed him intently before looking back at the village in front of him.

"I've learned from Danzo that the Uchiha have been quite unhappy since while back. But, —in your honest opinion, Shisui—how far do you think they will proceed?"

Shisui pressed his lips. "Very far. They consider the village elders are overstepping their boundaries when it comes to them, they are convinced Konoha are mistreating them in purpose to keep them under control."

"And what do you think?"

"I think," the words were out before they could stop them, "we deserve to be listened. It's not too late to start a negotiation, but I need your help, Lord Hokage."

"All right, this will be our secret then."

Shisui looked up at the elder with wide eyes. The Hokage was smiling while looking at the village. "I trust you, Shisui. I know you only want what's best for all of us, so I will let you handle your own people by whatever means you consider necessary. Use my name if you must. I will take full responsibility on your actions.

"In that matter, I will be taking you away from missions until you resolve, what you must resolve. Until then, you will be working under my direct orders and report only to me. Danzo must not know of this allegiance."

"Understood. Thank you, Lord Third."

"Moreover, about Hanako Uchiha." His eyes narrowed as he looked at Shisui. "That girl has been working under Ibiki for six months now, but I'm thinking that Danzo might transfer her into the Root. We must not let that happen."

Shisui clenched his fists. "If Hanako begins to work for Danzo..."

"That's right, you will not see her again. Danzo likes to keep his pawns to himself."

"Why does he want her?"

The Hokage grinned sadly. "Because of the power hidden deep inside her. You know about her condition, right? She's a daughter of both the Senju and the Uchiha—two of the Six Noble Ancient Clans. But, she's also connected to Amane Uchiha. There's a big difference between the two, though." The Hokage turned to meet Shisui face to face. "You might think that somehow Amane had reincarnated into Hanako, but that's not the case. They are entirely two different people."

Shisui gasped. "That's what chief Fugaku believes, that somehow Hanako has Amane's power."

"She does, but Amane was a full Uchiha. Hanako, however, is both an Uchiha and a Senju. That's why her power might transcend that of Amane's and that is what Danzo fears."