Part 14

Most of her room is packed up, and it looks bare.

All of the decorations and ornaments are put into their bags, and her drawers are empty.

"Lunch, my queen," Amber teases, handing her a sandwich and a can of soda.

"Thanks," Conrad chuckles, "I really didn't want to go down there right now."

Amber pressed a hand to her forehead, feigning shock.

"Me neither! It's so quiet; I don't think they said two words to each other while I was down there, so they definitely know I'm up here with you," Amber rolls her eyes.

"Well, they can hear us cackling, of course, you're up here with me," Conrad grins, tucking her feet underneath her as she begins to eat.

"I don't know how you're so calm. If Theo didn't give me a straight answer and brought his mistress into our house, I'd be livid," Amber scoffs.

Conrad shrugs, nibbling on the bread.

"He might just be trying to be civil. If it is his kid, I wouldn't want him to abandon him. I just don't want her clinging onto him and trying to claw her way back into his life. He introduced me as his Luna. The pack can see what they do, and it's embarrassing for me," she finally says after a minute.

"I'm not going to be painted as the other woman. If they want to go along with their relationship, so be it. I can heal and move on from it. I just don't appreciate the lack of clarity," she adds, shrugging her shoulders as she cracks open her can.

"It's shameful. You're the rightful Luna, not her," Amber scowls.

"The pack won't agree with it. Most of them never liked Meg; she tried to order everyone around for the entire time she was here," Amber explains, "she tried to act like my mum. Beatrix didn't like her either, and I think that really shows how ghastly she is."

"Do you not call Beatrix, mum?" Conrad asks curiously, desperate to get the conversation off her love life.

"No. Atlas raised me. As soon as he turned eighteen, he got custody of Athena and me. I don't know how he did it," Amber mumbles, shaking her head.

She wants to see it as a cute thing.

All she can focus on is the bitterness, knowing Atlas has the experience necessary to raise a baby.

"Would you help raise it?" Amber asks quietly, looking at Conrad out of the corner of her eye.

"I don't know. I could do it. It would suit me perfectly, because I don't want to have children yet. I want to get established in my career and live my life. Her having his baby would buy me a few years," she ponders, shrugging.

"If they did co-parenting between the two packs, sure. I wouldn't be able to handle it if she was here, my wolf would lose control, and I know she would," Conrad adds sadly.

"You can't blame her. Meg will never learn boundaries, nor understand them. If she sees a man on his own, she thinks he's fair game with no regard for anyone else. She cheated on Atlas before, I remember it," Amber mutters, finishing her lunch.

"I think I'm just mad that I won't even get to give our relationship a chance. He's so focused on his ex that he can't consider what we could have," Conrad sighs, realising how selfish she sounds.

"I'd probably be the same if I had a child, though. I met him for the first time four days ago, and we were finally getting somewhere. I have my own role, and my own life to lead. I don't care if he rejects me, I just want the clarity to know if I'm going to be going back to my pack, or staying here under an umbrella of shame," Conrad elaborates quickly, not wanting Amber to think her rude.