Part 60

"If you need to talk, don't be afraid to come to me," Conrad quietly informs Sabrina, not looking up from her magazine.

"Whatever," Sabrina mumbles sulkily.

"Sabrina, you're allowed to have big feelings, but you're not allowed to be rude," Carlos warns her sharply, looking across the aisle at them.

They're flying to Conrad's pack, and Sabrina is still barely speaking to them.

Conrad was worried about her, but Carlos mainly was just annoyed. Sabrina had yelled at him for two days in a row, and he had grounded her. She couldn't use her tablet for a week, and he warned her that it would increase if she continued to be rude to them.

"Yes, I am. I didn't want to come here, and if I have to, I don't know why I have to act excited," Sabrina snarls.

Conrad silently passes Sabrina one of the books she slipped into her bag before they left the house.

Sabrina reluctantly takes it, pulling the blanket over her legs and curling up in her seat.

Don't try to reason with her; she's still angry. It's like raising a teenager already, Conrad exclaims over their link.

At this rate, she'll kill me before she hits thirteen, Carlos chuckles.

He's terrible at staying annoyed with his daughter, but she doesn't know that, so he'll happily ease up when she isn't acting up.

After a few minutes of silence, Conrad feels Sabrina's head lean against her shoulder, and a quick glance at the girl tells her she's fast asleep.

She's asleep, Conrad informs Carlos, not moving from her spot.

Good. I think she needs it. She hasn't been sleeping too well since I told her about Lauren wanting to meet her. She really doesn't want to meet her, Carlos sighs.

I know that; I think everybody knows that. My mom has loads of presents for her for when we land, so hopefully, the bribes will at least put her in a good mood, Conrad shrugs, tapping her foot.

Are you going to the funeral home tonight or tomorrow?, Carlos asks, glancing at his fiancee quickly.

He sees her face scrunch up briefly, but then it returns to normal.

Tonight. I have to organise the funeral, Conrad sadly responds.

Does her mother know yet?, Carlos queries.

She was told about it. Whether or not she knows that it's real or not, is another matter, Conrad murmurs, closing her magazine.

She hasn't seen Charlotte's body. She doesn't want to, because she knows that she won't be able to handle it.

Well, I can go with you, if you want. Sabrina will stay with your parents; she loves them, Carlos suggests hesitantly.

Conrad doesn't look over at him, because she's trying to focus on not crying.

Do you want me to get you some water?, he offers.

She shakes her head, inhaling deeply.

Charlotte wouldn't want us grovelling over her death. Who am I kidding, yes she would. She'd just love this constant upset, Jane whines, she would be delighted to know how many people are mourning her.

Conrad ignores her wolf, letting her eyes focus on her magazine again.

Carlos watches her in concern.