Part 16

Training has given her some sort of stability.

She had reluctantly listened to Charlotte, and attended the therapy sessions she had booked for her around her Beta training.

She would probably be ascending to her title within the month, as long as there were no issues; which there inevitably would be.

Conrad sweeps her dark hair over her shoulder, a smirk on her red lips as she walks into the board room.

"Hello, gentlemen, we're here to discuss your project?" She asks, quirking a brow as she sits into the chair at the top of the table, crossing her legs.

She's wearing a red pantsuit that matches her lipstick, and her makeup is immaculate.

She rarely goes into the city, but she couldn't rearrange this meeting.

"Hello, Ms Rosser, it's lovely to see you again," one of the man chirps.

Being called 'Ms' Rosser knocks her for a second; she's always called Beta Rosser, or Deputy Beta Rosser.

"You too, Mr Clarke. Will we begin? I know we all have better places to be," she proposes, folding her hands over her folder.

"What do you think our projections will be?" Mr Clarke asks curiously, and she raises a brow.

"That's your department, Simon. I don't know anything about your projections for this year, because your company didn't send them over in time for this presentation. I know your possible losses, and I've been doing some market research. Your company reputation gets worse every day," she comments, and all of the men give her different looks.

One of them who looks a bit like an overstuffed antique cat scowls at her.

Another who looks younger than her mate's unborn child looks scared.

Mr Clarke, however, doesn't look in any way surprised.

"Yes. We know about that problem. Derek is that problem," Mr Clarke explains, a faint scowl appearing on the usually neutral man's face.

"Ah, the heir. Well, he needs to remove his name from the company, or he needs a wakeup call before he completely trashes your reputation," Conrad says slowly, making sure all of them understand her.

The overstuffed man stands up angrily.

"We don't need to listen to you. You cannot just come in here and mock our future CEO," he barks, and Conrad rises.

She walks over to him almost silently, her heels clacking against the shiny tiles, and taps his shoulder, making him jolt around, shaking her hand off.

He steps forward, getting into her face.

She lays a hand on his chest and shoves him backwards gently, shaking her head.

"Mr Clarke," she simply says, and the nervous man rises.

"Jeremy, don't do that," he murmurs, leaning across the table and narrowly avoiding knocking two cups of coffee over in his haste.

"She has no right!" Jeremy cries out, flinging his arms into the air.

Conrad turns on her heel, staring at him.

"Actually, if you bothered to find out who I am before coming to this meeting, I have every right. I understand you might feel like your authority is being challenged, and make no mistake: it is. You are wrong on this matter. I have been hired as your marketing consultant, and I can tell you right now, your company is losing money hand over fist because of the actions of your future CEO. People are not going to trust a company that's being run by a juvenile man-child," Conrad calmly explains, returning to her seat.