Roses

*** NATASHA'S POV***

I wake up smelling the familiar scent of lavender and vanilla, starting to feel her breath on my neck. I can't help but smile, and I turn around, to see Sydney, still fast asleep. For a couple of minutes I do nothing but watch her sleep peacefully, and reminisce about the times before. I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, and she slowly opens her eyes.

***YOUR/SYDNEY'S POV***

"Are you watching me sleep?" You laugh softly, opening your eyes.
"Well I couldn't help it" she laughs too "it's a great way to start my day" you sit up slowly and you rub your eyes, Nat sits up too. You kiss her lips softly and stand up, Natasha then asks, "you meant what you said last night? About you fitting into my categories?" You look away bashfully, and grin, "maybe.. that just depends if you'd agree" Natasha stands up with you, and she rests her arms on your shoulders. "You always fitted them categories. And the ones I didn't think I needed. That's why I lov-"

Suddenly, Peter bursts through the door holding up a picture of MJ, his crush, with another guy. He looks at you, and screams, you scream back and look at Natasha, who then starts screaming. Steve peaks through the door, and sees you and Natasha standing very close together. "Oooh what's going on here" he laughs, and Bruce, with Wanda, come in too. "What's all the commotion?" Bruce says, looking around. He spots you two, making him and Wanda say "oooh" you stare blankly at everyone, and Natasha notices you're uncomfortable. "Alright everyone, out. I'll talk to you in a bit Peter" Nat says, ushering everyone out of her room. She closes the door, and turns around to see you, still staring blankly, wide-eyed. "I'm so sorry Sydney, I didn't know they were all going to come in" she touches your arm and you move away. You don't know what it was, but that moment reminded you of a familiar time, which you couldn't place your finger on. "I think it's best we stop whatever this" You wave your hand around, "is, until we figure out what it actually is" You walk out, looking down to avoid the stares of the others. She sighs and runs her hand through her hand.

Two days go by, full of awkward interactions from the others, but you can't help feeling bad for reacting how you did. At 5:30 PM, you get a knock on your door, so you open it. A parcel, wrapped in brown paper, is sitting in front of your door. You pick up the attached sign, and it says, 'Put on immediately'. You look both sides of the hallway, and see no one. You close your door and get changed and do your hair and makeup. You can't help but hope it's from Natasha.

Roughly 6 PM, through your music,  you hear knocks at your door. You open, seeing Peter holding 6 individual red roses, with rose petals going down the hallway. "What's this for?" You smile and sniff the roses, sighing happily. "Follow the roses, Sydney. You look amazing."
"Thank you, Peter. I'm sorry about the other day" you smile, and adjust the roses in your hands. he smiles and as he says, you follow the roses. Next, you see Steve, holding yet again 5 roses. "Thank you, Steve" you carefully take the roses from his hands. "The pleasure is all mine" he says back waving to Peter down the hall. You see Bruce, holding 4 roses, and continue walking down the stairs. Wanda, waves at you rushing you towards the entrance; you take 3 roses from her, and finally you see Tony, yet again with 2 roses. You take them all, and struggle holding them. "She cares for you, you know that kid?" He places his hand on your back, and walks you towards the door. You leave the roses you're holding in the empty vase beside the door. "I know, Tony" you smile, as he opens the door. You see Natasha, wearing a suit holding three roses. "A rose for every year we've known each other" she smiles, and you grin, waking towards her. "Definitely a lot" you both laugh. You take the rose from her and smell it. "You still look amazing in a suit, Nat" she blushes a little, "thank you, Sydney"
"What's all this about, anyway?" You ask, confused. Natasha opens the door to the car, "Would you give me the honour, of going on a date with me?"
"Of course" you laugh and kiss her cheek, hearing applause from the others in the building.

You get in the car, and she closes the door for you. She gets in the other side, "you look gorgeous, Belle".
You laugh, "Thank you". You sit back in the car, and brace yourself for a great night.