Every heart breaks atleast once

Later on in the day, you overhear the others talking

"It's been a day, and they already hate each other" Tony says, causing the others to laugh.
"I literally don't know how they like each other so much, Sydney gets on better with the enemies than her own girlfriend" Thor says, and the others all agree.
"Guys maybe we shouldn't be judging them too much" Wanda says, and Peter agrees.
"Look, all I'll say, is that people are going to end up hurt and it's gonna mess up the whole function of our group" Tony says. For a moment, you stop thinking, only realising how much you agree. You've thought of that before, but hearing someone else say it put your mind at ease, also making you full of guilt.

The others slowly stop talking, and you walk in a couple seconds later. You try your hardest to make your mind clear, as to stop Wanda reading your thoughts, but you don't know how well that worked, as she shifted as soon as you sat down.

"Well what's going on here?" Natasha says, sitting down beside you. You place your hand on her leg, "I don't know, I was just about to ask myself". Natasha kisses your cheek. She grabs your hand, and stands up, you following her. You walk out the room, hearing the others murmur. "You heard?" She says, sitting down.
"Yep..." . Hesitantly, you says "They aren't wrong, about the arguments"
Nat nods, "I know"
"I don't want to lose you" you both say at the same time.
"Well maybe that's what's best. To focus on our missions, and nothing more" you gave away from Natasha as you say this, as to hide your weakness from her.
Natasha clears her throat. "I think it is what's best" her voice breaks. She walks up to you, and places her hand around your chin. She wipes your tears with her other hand, and you try not to look at her. "I love you. The saddest thing in the world is when you realise people will never understand you. But you understood me" she says and you close your eyes tightly to stop the tears.

"You're who I want to wake up with, fall asleep with and everything in between. But knowing that, it's.. we, are unaware if we hate each other, I can't stand" you say back to Natasha, and she slowly let's go of your face.

"I don't want to leave you" you say.
"I don't want to leave you" she says.

Natasha let's go and slowly walks away. Everything in your body is telling you to pull her back, tell her that she is wrong; even if it's kissing her soft lips one more time, or smelling her perfume. But the words don't come out.