For The Right Reasons

The next morning, you go downstairs and find everyone already down there. You say you're good mornings, and talk to Peter by the fridge.
"Wow, she is stunning" Bucky says, too Natasha. Nat stands up, "I know right. How selfish am I, keeping her to myself?" She walks over to you and kisses your cheek.

"What's that for?" You smile at her and she smiles back.
"I missed you" you both laugh as Wanda walks over. Natasha stands behind you and wraps her arms around your waist. "So I see the date went well" Wanda smiles, resting her head on her hands. "I think it went really well" Natasha rests her head on your shoulder. "I think it did too" you smile.
"Well okay lovebirds, I'm going to leave you be" Wanda walks off.

A while later, Tony pulls you aside. "So, Sydney, I've finished making you your suit", but before Tony can finish talking you wrap your arms around him, giving him a hug, tighter than you expected. He continues to talk to you about it, and it's features, and he brings you to try it on. A while later, you have the suit on and Tony makes small adjustments.

"You really like her, don't you?" You look down at Tony, "yes I do. I have for a long time, since our training in Russia" you smile, just from the thought.
"Yesterday, Wanda and Steve were arguing about what would happen between you if something" he hesitates "went wrong"
You frown, "something already has gone wrong. Back in Russia, me and Nat were serious. Really serious. When my parents died, I sort of became self destructive, and I guess you could say they banished me from being one of them".
Tony, still concentrating on you suit, says, "what does this have to do with you and Nat?"
Becoming emotional, you hesitate with your answer, "I ran. I was scared, and I felt alone, even when I wasn't. She asked to marry me, you know? When she found out I had to leave. She was willing to drop everything and come with me. I couldn't let her do that, not because of me. But it seems she done that anyway" you wipe the tears from you eyes as you see Natasha round the corner.
Tony stands up, "I had no idea, I'm so sorry"

Natasha walks in, "why are you sorry?"
"I just accidentally poked her with a screw" Tony says. "We're all done, anyway"
"Thank you Tony, you've helped a lot" you both smile. You walk towards Natasha, "did I miss something?" She places her arm around your shoulder.
"Nothing relevant" you smile.

The next couple days, pass by like a blur, nothing major happening. You and the others are informed of a case, where someone called Loki, has stolen some sort of magical element, called the mind stone. You train, non stop for the next couple days, giving hardly any time for you and Natasha to be alone. Nick Fury, who has been tracking Loki's location, informs Tony that he is near. You all suit up, and get ready for what you thought, would be a big mission.

An hour later, you finally see Loki, unarmed holding what seems to be a cube, glowing red. "Hello, brother" Loki says to Thor, "Catch", Loki shouts, throwing the stone to him. Tony lifts up his mask, a confused look shoots towards Loki. "Why are you giving up so easily?"
Loki laughs, "wrong people are giving me the giving me attention and unwanted grief". He rolls his eyes and walks over to you. "Hello newbie. What's your name" as you're about to answer, Loki started to talk again, "wait let me guess. F? No no, s?" You nod, the others sighing. "Sophia? Sadie?" He gasps, "Sydney!"
You nod once again. The others walk back, and Loki says, "hello Sydney... I hope to see you again soon". He raises his hand towards your face, and Natasha pulls you away. "Let's go, Syd" she shoots Loki a nasty look, and he says, "ooooh as feisty as always, nat" he laughs and you walk back. "Well he doesn't seem evil?" You say, confused. Natasha sighs, "that's because it's all for the right reasons"