Getting Closer

"We were on the same train, right?" Dee says and you nod.
"Yes I didn't realise you got off at the same stop as me" you both slightly laugh. "I'm sorry, have we met each other before? You seem familiar too me" you say, furrowing your brows.
"I'm sure I would've remembered someone as beautiful as you, but I've definitely seen you on the news before." Dee says, and you can't help but blush.
You clear you throat, "yes well I'm back" you exhale "and I've moved on from the avengers"

"Oh" Dee says and she frowns slightly.
"Well I better get going" you say adjusting your bag. Dee moves out of your way and you say your goodbyes. You turn back to see Dee watching you and she smiles.

15 minutes later, you arrive at a cafe, and you're reading a magazine you picked up. You're face appears on a page, but you're not bothered reading in to it, as you never want to relive the suffering you experienced. As you've forgotten what exactly happened to you, you're curious as to what the news says, but you change your mind and say to yourself that you forgot for a reason. You turn the page over to see Loki with the heading "fallen prince" you run your finger over his picture and the sky turns grey.

You look around to see people rushing all around you and and a strange amount of smoke in the shape of a snake opposite them. A strange figure rises up and panic washes over you. A strong urge wants you to fight but you have to remind yourself that your done, with your once powerful life style. You quickly pick up your belongings and run towards the hotel to warn the others. At this point you can only hope the avengers will get here in time to help.

You get to the hotel and shout, telling the others to hide and warn others. You look for Dee but she isn't anywhere to be found. You take a look out of your window and the sky is thick with smoke. You turn on the news and sit down watching the avengers fight the person in the sky.

5 minutes later, a flash of smoke covers the figure and they disappear; not long after Dee knocks on your door , a gash on her side. "Omg Dee! What happened?" You usher her towards the bathroom and lift up her top. "Nothing bad, I went out to look for you and I got stuck behind a building" you grab the first aid kit under the sink and clean her side. Dee coughs slightly, "Thank you, Sydney"
You smile, "it's really not a problem after you tried to help me"
"I wonder who it was in sky, and why they've waited all this time to conduct another attack you raise an eyebrow and put everything away. Dee sits on the end of your bed and she shrugs, "I'm surprised The Avengers were even bothered to show up" she scoffs.
"What, why?" You sit next to her and she lays down.
"Things were a mess when you disappeared. I guess they weren't bothered helping people anymore" she rolls her eyes and swore under her breath.
"Why don't you like them?" You turn down the TV.
"They killed my family, and I'll never forgive them for that"