Fuelled by emotions.

You wake up in the morning, hoping it was all just a bad dream, and little do you know, Natasha is hoping that too. The more you wake up, the more the pieces start to fall back into place. You walk downstairs, and see everyone cheerful, including Natasha. You take a deep breath in, nodding to yourself, and just try to get through this conversation.

"Hey guys" you say, trying to avoid Natasha's sight. You stand beside her, not getting too close and then you get into a conversation with Wanda. She pulls you to the side soon after, "are you okay, Sydney?"
"Yep I'm good" however when you say this, your mind says something else, and Wanda picks it up. She covers her mouth for a second then whispers, "you'll be okay".

The tears overcame you, so you quickly walk out the room, Wanda making an excuse saying you felt sick. After you calm down, instead of going back inside, you go outside in the garden and plant flowers.
Tony walks passed and notices you. To not disturb you, he just opens the door and watches you. You speak loudly, "I know you're there, Tony. What do you want?"
He laughs slightly, "nothing at all, this is just unusual for you"
You roll your eyes, "I'm just trying something new"
"And why is that?" Tony says walking closer towards you.
"What? Am I not allowed to plant flowers now?" You take your gloves off throwing them beside you.
He shrugs, and you scoff, walking back inside.

To take your mind away from...well, life, you went to the gym and started punching at a punch bag, not realising your anger and sadness fuelled every punch. You slowly became more sweaty and along with the tears in your eyes, you couldn't stop. You just carried on, releasing your anger, which had been suppressed for a long time. Not long later, you started to feel in control and happier, then your hits became less angry.

You breathed in deeper, smelling what you thought was peppermint in coming from the doorway.
You smile, thinking it's Wanda cooking once again, but when you make it to the kitchen, there was no sign of food. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Natasha run off, so you follow her; seconds later, you smell the familiar peppermint smell.

Was she watching you?