Leaving.

With all your energy you stand up and rush to Thor, your heart aching. "Loki" you pant, "where is he?" You raise your voice and Thor looks at you disappointed. "We were going to wait a bit to tell you, Sydney" Thor says biting the inside of his cheek. "My brother has passed". You lean back and cup your head in your hands. Thor embraces you in a hug, and you feel horrible. "When?" You say, your voice shaking. "A month, or two at best..we only started telling people last week" Thor stands back and sits down. "Asgard is lonely without him"

Suddenly, you were the one feeling alone. Even though people were near you, everything had changed and you didn't feel at peace with the way things were. The woman you love was engaged, and your friend was dead. You lost a piece of yourself with every sorrow you experienced, and after a while you just felt empty. After everything you've been through, the only thing you could feel was empty, and you constantly wondered if forgetting what happened would be better for you.

"I think imma go..." you say, stuttering. You were so damaged you couldn't even shed a tear for someone you were once so close with. "I'm sorry, Thor, he was a great guy" Thor smiles, and stands up, "except from when he wasn't" you nod and walk out back to the room you were in before. You grab a piece of paper you write, 'I'm forgetting about where I've been, and what happened since I've been gone. I'm sorry'. You put your hand into your pocket and take out a necklace Natasha once gave you. You continue to write, 'you have all moved on and I think it's time I do too'

You pick up your belongings and make your way to the door. You get flashbacks off when you were taken and can only agree more about forgetting. You take a deep breath and walk out, leaving your life behind.