[1.2]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐬

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐬

______________________

*Genevieve*

Lunch.

I hate lunch.

The lunchroom was filled with people who were busy gossiping about their best friends behind their backs, and the food— well, let's just say it's a no from me.

I met up with everyone else outside of the cafeteria and we spent the first few minutes talking, filling each other in on what had happened in the hours that we had been apart from one another. All of us were blissfully unaware of the chaos that was about to ensue in just a few minutes.

Rose and Emmett walked in the front of the group, Alice and Jazz following a few feet behind them. I hung back with Edward, both of us wanting to stay away from the lingering stares and not-so-subtle whispers that seemed to constantly follow us.

Hanging outside the double doors, Edward and I both watch as Rose and Emmett step into the cafeteria. As soon as they strolled into the cafeteria, the whispers and stares immediately began to ripple throughout the room.

I roll my eyes in annoyance as I push off the brick wall and begin to slowly follow them all, listening to the whispered conversations that were taking place.

"They kinda keep to themselves..."

"-yeah 'cause they're all together... like together together," another girl emphasizes, sneaking a glance towards Rosalie before turning back around, her brown hair whipping as she did so. "The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're like a thing I'm not even sure that's legal-"

"Jess... they're not actually related," the other one chimed in, fidgeting with her camera as she looked at her friend.

'Jess' merely scoffed before turning her attention back towards the new girl. "Yeah, but they live together! It's weird!"

I scoff softly as I step inside the cafeteria, following a few feet behind Alice and Jasper as we all slowly make our way toward the table. Keeping a few steps behind the couple, I watched as Jasper gave Alice a tiny smile, twirling her as they continued to walk.

"And- okay, the little dark-haired girl, Alice, she really weird and she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain. Um- Dr. Cullen is like this foster dad slash matchmaker."

"Maybe he'll adopt me," the other one joked, Jessica turned towards her, a small smile evident on her face. I walked past them, making a beeline towards the table, a smirk resting on my face.

"Oh! That one's Genevieve, freakishly good at art, but basically hates everyone outside of her family. She's with Theodore, he's usually with her, but he must not be here today. They were both adopted too," Jessica said, her eyes following me. "But I heard a rumor that she's Mrs. Cullen's niece or something..."

I quickly sat down on the other side of Jasper, sharing a smirk with Rosalie as she tossed her apple at me. Catching it with ease and beginning to fiddle with it as I looked around the large room. I let out a little chuckle as Emmett playfully tossed me his orange, which I quickly caught and passed to Rose, who rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless and handed it back to Emmett, who still had a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Who's he?" the new girl asked, her eyes following Edward as he walked in.

"That's Edward Cullen, he's totally gorgeous obviously but apparently nobody here is good enough for him..." Jessica continued, resentfully stabbing her fork into her salad repeatedly. "Like I care you know... so, yeah. Seriously like, don't waste your time."

She let out a little scoff as she forced a small smile on her face, "wasn't planning on it..."

"Wasn't she the one who asked Eddie-boy out the first week that we got here? What's her name again? Jennifer? Julia?" I muse, looking her over with a critical eye. Rose bit back a laugh as Emmett's grin seemed to widen.

"Yup, got the cold shoulder if I remember correctly," Emmett chuckled, "one of my more favorite memories that we've made since we moved here."

"Now all she does is stare longingly at Edward when his back is turned and glare whenever someone other than her approaches him," Rose adds, smirking over at me as she fiddles with her plastic fork.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I looked back toward the apple that was now sitting on the table. "Who is she always? The school's been buzzing about her since this morning."

"No idea," Rosalie sneered, leaning back against the hard plastic chair. 

Emmett chuckled at her reaction before looking back at me. "Heard her name's, Bella. The Chief's daughter."

"Hm, seems like Eddie-boy is interested," I lean back and cross my arm, watching as he sat down at the table, continuing to stare at her intensely.

Take a picture, Eddie, it'll last longer, I tease.

Edward shifted his eyes toward me and sent me a glare before going back to stare at Bella. I chuckled as I rolled my eyes, turning away from him and joining in on the conversation.

_______

-T