Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty - Fight Time

*Genevieve*

We all collectively race forwards, Jasper leading us towards the rush of newborns that appeared from the thick trees.

Jasper was not only the leader of the fight but also the first one to land a kill, not that we were keeping track.

I was the second though.

Racing forwards, I quickly met one of the newborns, twisting his body around and swiftly moving my hands to his head, ripping it off before his flailing arms could grab me. I let the two pieces go and watch as he crumples to the ground.

I don't have enough time to take a break, the never-ending flood of newborns meant that I had to move on to the next person as soon as I could.

I raced and pinned her to the ground, pulling her head from her body and tossing it to the side.

Somehow, Rose and I ended up fighting beside each other, making sure each other's backs were safe as we fought off any newborns that raced in our direction.

A few feet away Jasper and Theo were doing the same, while Alice was dancing along the field, always a step ahead of everyone as she gracefully leaped over a newborn that had been running towards her.

Carlisle and Esme were both fighting side by side, each of them taking down a fair number of newborns as they came.

After a few more minutes, the number of newborns only seemed to increase. New waves of them were entering into the clearing and we all knew that it wouldn't be long until they outnumbered us.

As if they knew that they were needed, the wolves quickly joined into the fight, leaping out from the rock pile and growling as they helped to efficiently and quite effectively rip apart the latest rush of newborns.

I blow a piece of hair away from my face as I turn to look at them. Taking a second to watch as they help to rip apart large groups of newborns that had been trying to gang up on us.

"BEHIND YOU!"

I start whip my body around at Rose's voice, but am swiftly stopped by a pair of arms wrapped around my neck and beginning to squeeze like a python. I let out a growl as I reached up and tried to rip their arms away, quickly failing as they just flung me around. I kick my legs back like a donkey and crash the heel of my foot into their kneecaps but they don't even buckle. If anything they let out a growl and start to squeeze faster. As the seconds passed, my vision started to go slightly fuzzy and the sound of cracking began to get become audible.

What seemed to be like hours later, their hands fell from their spot around my neck and their body fell forwards, pushing me down to the ground.

I gasped out, reaching up and rubbing my neck as their body is pushed off of me.

"Gen? Gen! Shit, are you okay?" Theo pulled me up from the ground and frantically looked me over. At the sight of my cracked neck, he grimaced and seemed to pale.

"I'm fine," I brush off his hands and gently nudge him back towards the fields, which were still an active battleground.  "Go... they need you more than I do. I'll be fine."

He purses his lips and looks almost ready to disagree when Jasper lets out a grunt behind him.

"Don't go near my wife!" He bellowed, pushing a newborn to the ground and ripping off his arms before twisting his head off and throwing it to the side.

Alice glanced behind her and offered her husband a wave and award-winning smile before turning back and leaping over one of the wolves.