Chapter Sixty-Seven

Chapter Sixty-Seven - Maria

*Genevieve*

"Do you think they do this all the time?" I look over at Theo in wonder as he continues to stare at Edward and Bella in disgust.

"I hope not," he huffs, "besides, they only have..." he glances down at his watch before sighing and straightening his back, "15 minutes before Emmett and I are going to take the TV over... did you hear that he got the new-"

"That sounds nice dear, oh! Look!" I hit him on the chest and force him to look in the direction of my finger.

Bella had subconsciously leaned closer towards Edward's chest, pulling the blanket up closer to her chest. After a few seconds, she had slowly rested her head on his chest and let out a little content sigh, her eyes closing for a second before opening up once more.

"Excuse me while I go vomit into a plant," I say, pretending to gag into a random potted plant that had been placed outside of the door.

"Not on my hydrangeas! Do you know how long it took to grow those!" Theo squealed, racing over towards me and pushing me backward, and fervidly checking his plant. "It's bad enough that every time that I go into our room my poor cactus is coated in your paints... do you know how long it takes to scrub all that off its pot? I'll tell you! Forever!"

"Whatever," I mutter, rolling my eyes and huffing as I watch Theo stare lovingly at the plant. After a few seconds of his attention, the flowers blossomed and grew at an exceptional rate, their vibrant colors making a small smile appear on his face, his eyes glowing in adoration as he watched his hard work grow and thrive under his careful eye.

 After a few seconds of his attention, the flowers blossomed and grew at an exceptional rate, their vibrant colors making a small smile appear on his face, his eyes glowing in adoration as he watched his hard work grow and thrive under his careful...

"I guess that it's pretty."

He chuckles and glances over at me for a moment before looking back over at his plant and carefully pulling a flower, making sure to have another blossoming flower grow in its place immediately after. He looks down at the flower for a second, rolling it in his fingers before turning towards me and offering it to me.

"Here you go," he whispers, carefully sliding the flower behind my ear and smiling warmly at me as he looks at me. "Look at that! Two of the finest specimens on the planet!"

I bit back my smile as I look at him, a small smirk managed to break through as I watched his smile grow in size. "You're such a dork."

"Eh, guess so."

______________________
*three months later*

"Whatcha up to?" Theo popped his head onto my shoulder and peered over at my book, feigning disgust as he shuddered and pulled away. "Gross, a book."

"If Jasper ever heard you say that he would smack you," I say, glancing over at him and raising an eyebrow.

"Well we are on vacation, this is different... Jasper would understand." Theo shrugged and pulled the book from my hands. "Come on, there's so much to do!"