[1.19]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞

______________________

*Genevieve*

As soon as the car came to a stop, both Emmett and I jumped out and raced towards the house to change, while Edward dragged Bella inside to try and formulate a plan. I leaped into one of the trees, using it to bounce off into the open window into Theo and I's room, shaking off a few stray leaves that had fallen onto me before quickly changing out of my muddy clothes.

After slipping on my tennis shoes and throwing my hair up into a ponytail I left the room and made my way towards the garage, where the rest of the family was already beginning to congregate.

"Genevieve Foix? Right?"

I spun on my heel, my body tense as I saw Laurent already staring at me.

"Votre histoire est devenue la légende que les parents ont racontée à leurs enfants ...' Ne dites pas tard que vous allez finir comme la fille Foix '." He whispered out, his eyes wide with excitement at meeting the person being the legend. "Je n'ai jamais pensé que je pourrais réellement rencontrer la personne derrière la légende..." [Your story became the legends that parents told their kids... 'don't stay out late or you'll end up like the Foix girl'. I never thought that I would actually be able to meet the person behind the legend...]

I stiffened as I watched him watch me, his eyes seeming to glow in the low light, a Cheshire cat grin taking over his face as he looked me over.

"Encore plus joli que les prospectus qu'ils ont distribués disaient..." he continued, seemingly oblivious to my discomfort. "Avec la récompense qu'ils m'offraient, j'aurais pu être riche au-delà de ma plus grande croyance si j'avais pu vous trouver dans ces bois... une telle honte." [Even prettier than the flyers that they handed out said... With the reward they were offering, I could've been rich beyond my greatest belief had I been able to find you in those woods... such a shame.]

By now we were practically toe-to-toe, our faces our a few inches away from each other. Reaching out his finger twirls a piece of my hair as his eyes continue to roam across my face. Staying silent, I whip my hand up and slap his hand away, watching as his eyes widen in surprise. Reaching out I quickly bend him over and twist his arm behind his back, applying just enough pressure onto his joints that I start to hear a small crack starting on the spot right between the connection of his arm and shoulder.

"All I have to do is pull your arm a little bit more," I whisper, applying a tad bit more pressure and watching with a satisfied smirk as he lets out a whine of pain beneath me, "and your little arm breaks apart from your pathetic body."

"What's going on here?" Jasper asked, pausing his march to the garage when he saw Laurent whimpering out in pain, a small crack beginning to form on his arm. "Genevive?"

"Tu devrais y aller... Je suis sûr que Victoria et James ont découvert que tu es parti..." I whisper, looking at him one last time before turning around and walking towards the garage. [You should get going... I'm sure that James and Victoria have found that you've left...]

Jasper hung back for a few seconds, presumably to watch Laurent leave before catching back up with me. The two of us walked in silence towards the garage, Jasper sending me a fleeting look, his brows furrowed in confusion. 

As Emmett came barreling down the stairs, Jasper sent me one last glance before stopping to converse with the amped-up man, the two sharing quiet words in the hallway as I made my way into the garage. Standing to the side I watched as the rest of the family rushed in and out of the room, their faces filled with a mixture of panic and concern as they tried to gather all that they believed they would need for the face-off with James and possibly Victoria.