[2.1]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐬 '𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞' 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

______________________

*Genevieve*

Paris.

I thought that Paris couldn't get any more beautiful than it was in 1927, but, I happily seemed to be corrected. Its beauty and charm seemed to grow and evolve with time.

Looking around in wonder, I smiled at the sight of people walking along the streets, spewing out French as they passed us.

"Beautiful isn't it," I asked, turning around and meeting Theo's gaze. His eyes weren't looking around at the scenery surrounding him, though, but instead were locked onto me.

"It is," he whispered, walking up to me and intertwining our hands. "Are you excited?"

I nod my head as I continue to look around, eagerly pulling him all around the town. In the first few days that were had been in Paris, we had hit all of the local tourist traps: the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Champs-Élysées, Palace of Versailles. Basically, just all the big money suckers that the hotels happily recommend to excited tourists.

But after a few more days, I had taken him to all of the more low-key, local places that I knew about. The art museums that we visited were some of my personal favorites, while the local botanical garden had quickly taken a place in Theo's unbeating heart.

We spent the days hidden away in the house that Theo had bought, hidden away in the forests, happily filling up the photo album that Esme had sneakily packed for us in the suitcase. Buying a notebook and writing down a transcript of the day, knowing the Esme would eagerly read it. I cheerfully spent a few hours every day talking with Rose, Esme, or Tanya. Updating them on what we had done or what we were planning to do, with Esme eagerly offering up her own ideas on what to do while we were stuck inside. Theo uses the excess time to find and research new places to visit in Paris or to talk with Jasper.

Both of us quickly immersed ourselves in the French culture, Theo even began to learn French, much to my delight. We spent the countless hours we were forced to stay inside on his French lessons, which he quickly progressed in, and mastered after just a few weeks. The new skill allowed him to easily converse with the local street merchants and even the rare tourist.

Both of us were content with the little bubble of serenity that we found. Thousands of miles away from all the drama and fluctuation of human emotion that we left in Forks. Finally being able to breathe for the first time without having the fear of draining someone dry. Finally taking time away together, alone, for the first time since we met, almost 70 years ago.

______________________

Swinging our hands back and forth, I looked around at the lights that were twinkling and lighting up the darkening sky. The sun slowly set, allowing Theo and I to begin our day of travels.

"What did you plan today?" I ask, knowing that Theo had holed himself up in the office all day planning our outing.

"You'll have to wait and see," he teased. Looking down at me, a small smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and let out a groan as we both continued to walk.

"I hate it when you do that," I complain. He just chuckles as we continue to stroll through the streets of Paris. Both of us listen in to people's conversations as we walk past. All of them the same.