[2.2]

Chapter Two - Football Players and Peppy Cheerleaders

*Genevieve*

Considering that I was still considered a 'foreign exchange student' in the eyes of Forks High School, I didn't have any schoolwork waiting for me when I arrived. This led to me being pushed out of the classroom door nearly every period, my teachers telling me to 'entertain myself in a legal and law-abiding way'. So naturally, I wandered around the school and looked at the different posters that had been taped up on the walls.

Are you lonely? Want to lose that stubborn summer fat? Join the cheer squad!

"Gah," I shudder as I read the huge letters that were printed onto the bright pink poster. "Do they really think that this is the way to attract people?"

I peer down at the picture and chuckle, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Lauren Mallory was being held up by her two minions, a back spotter smiling up at her as she held her pose for the camera. It must've been taken before her 'accident' seeing as she still had her long blonde hair. Her mouth was pulled into such a wide grin that it looked painful.

"Genevieve! Hey!"

I look around and wave my hand as I see Lucas running down the hallway, his hands wrapped tightly around his binders as he comes to a stop in front of me.

"Hello Lucas," I mutter, glancing back at the poster once more before settling my gaze on him. "How are you? I see you got your letterman jacket..."

He looks down at his jacket proudly and nods his head. "Yeah, Clapp finally handed them out to us before the break, so I've been itching to break it in. You like it?"

"It's nice..." I say, looking it over with a careful eye.

"Yeah, for the amount that it cost it better be," Lucas joked, shooting me a playful smile as he tugged the sleeves. "So... how are you doing? Last I saw you was at prom."

"Yeah. You seemed rather... giddy when you were leaving with your friends," I say, winking at him when I saw him blush. "Don't worry. I don't think that anyone saw your friend's flask... or his miserable attempt at spiking the punch."

He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck, a faint blush appearing over his cheeks. "Yeah... Logan got a little carried away... but it was still a fun night."

I hum in agreement as I look back at the wall covered in posters. A sudden silence came over us as we waited for the next bell to ring, Lucas glanced over at me and then down to his shoes.

"Hey, since you came back a little early, do you want to meet the rest of the team." He looked up at me with a hopeful glimmer in his blue eyes. "I mean, I could buy you lunch if you'd like... I'm sure that the rest of the guys would chip in, for your... generosity at keeping our secret."

I chuckle and look back over at him, "no need. But why not?"

He lights up like a kid on Christmas, nodding his head as an excited grin falls over his face. "A-alright then! I'll meet you at the doors of the cafeteria? I can show you where we usually sit."

I nod my head before turning on my heels and walking towards my next class, where I would inevitably be kicked out again. Throwing my hand up in a lazy wave towards Lucas as I passed.