[2.3]

Chapter Three - Happy 18th

*Genevieve*

"Where are you guys!" Alice shrieked.

"We're coming! Don't stress! Theo demanded that we had to stay back to water his plants," I explain, tipping the watering can and pouring some water onto the small pot.

Theo and I had bought a smaller- but still rather large- house for us, citing that we wanted to be able to go somewhere that we didn't have to share with everyone else. It had only taken a few days to find a house that would work, but seeing as we were supposed to be teenagers in Forks, it would've raised a few eyebrows when we tried to buy the expensive house. Theo had come up with the idea of having Carlisle buy the house for us so that it wouldn't look as suspect to the tiny town that seemed to thrive on gossip. As soon as the paperwork went through, I transferred the money from my account to Carlisle's, reimbursing for the house. The only condition that he and Esme wanted when they heard we were looking for a house, was that we were still close to the Cullen house, which we happily agreed to.

"Genevieve!" Theo moaned, stomping his foot like a petulant child before marching over to me. "You're not doing it right! The cactuses don't need anywhere near that amount of water! You're going to kill them! Do you know how hard it is to kill a cactus? Oh, right, you do! You cactus killer!"

"What how you're throwing those names around, mister," Esme chided through the phone.

"Sorry," Theo mumbled, snatching the watering can from me and beginning to water his precious cacti.

"So how much longer will you be?" Alice demanded, the sound of her foot tapping faintly coming through the speaker of the phone.

"Oh, we shouldn't be too much longer... the cacti are the last plants that needed watering," I say, "we'll be there within 15?"

"Great."

I was about to open my mouth to talk about something else when I heard the familiar sound of a deadline, pulling the phone away from my ear in faux shock. "She hung up on me!"

"She does that to everyone love," Theo sighs, putting down the watering can and turning back towards me. "Now just the bigger plants!"

"I thought you did those already!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air as I let out a huff.

"I was going to, but I knew that you wouldn't water the cacti correctly so I hung back to watch... and good thing, a few more seconds and they would've been toast!" Theo called out, walking out of the room and towards the bigger watering can that he had already filled with water.

"Alice is going to kill me! I told her 15 minutes!"

"Whoops?"

"That is bigger than just a 'whoops?' Theo! This is a big, big whoops!" I groan, flinging myself back onto the couch and hoping that Alice could find it within herself to forgive us when we- inevitably- arrived much later than expected.

______________________

After arriving back home, Alice pulled me into an excited hug before promptly handing me a photo and rushing back inside, throwing Theo a wave of the hand.

"By the way! That was a lot longer than 15 minutes!" She called out as she rushed past him

We glanced at each other and shared a knowing look before heading inside quickly greeting everyone, except for Edward who was with Bella, again.

After a few minutes, I made my way upstairs as Theo sat down with Jasper to talk, pulling out the chessboard and challenging him to a game, which he immediately agreed to, a smile on both of their faces.