Chapter Eighty-Two

Chapter Eighty-Two - Death by Wolf... a Bad Way to Go

*Genevieve*

I watched in silent horror as the venom was injected. Both boys watched on from the sides of the hospital bed in panic as nothing appeared to happen.

After a few more panic-filled seconds, Edward threw the syringe down and started to do CPR on Bella.

"It's supposed to be working," he muttered, continuing his efforts to keep Bella alive. His hands were bloody as they frantically worked, his wedding band shining in the bright medical lights.

"Oh my god," Jacob mumbled, looking away from the girl, his lips quivering.

"Come on," Edward urged, his compressions getting more and more frantic as the seconds passed.

"I won't kill you," Jacob announced, his steely gaze staring at Edward's face, "that'd be too easy. You deserve to live with this."

Edward's eyes only briefly shifted in Jacob's direction as he continued to frantically attempt to resuscitate Bella. Jacob sent the dead girl a final miserable look before slowly leaving the room, his head hanging low.

As more minutes passed and Bella continued to show no sign of recovering, Edward's compressions got rougher and rougher.

"You're not dead. You're not dead," Edward mumbled to her, "Come on! Come on!"

"Edward," I whisper out, "I'll do it."

I walk over to the head of the bed and gently pull him away, quickly taking his spot and starting the compressions. He watched with horrified eyes as I continued to do compressions on her.

Shaking his head and mumbling to himself. "No, it will work. It will work. Please, please, please, please."

He moved around the bed, biting Bella's neck, arms, and legs, trying to give her the best chance of survival.

"Come back to me, please, baby," he begged, taking Bella's head gingerly in his hands. His eyes scanned her face, shining with the hope that she could come back from the dead. He froze momentarily before his head slowly raised, his eyes wide.

"Alice! Jasper!" he bellows out. He turns back to Bella and carefully brushes her hair back from her face. "You're gonna be alright," he whispered to her, turning to look at me, his dark eyes frantic. "Genevieve, we need to go, now."

I nod and move, quickly following him, whispering my apologies to Bella before stepping out of the room.

______________________

"They're coming," he gravely explains to us. We all share a worried look, knowing what he was talking about, before nodding our heads.

"Where are Carlisle and the rest of them?" I ask, worried about their race back to the house.

"They're going as fast as they can," Alice assured me, giving my arm a reassuring squeeze.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them and looking towards Edward, nodding my head at him, a determined look appearing on my face.

"So, what's the plan?"

______________________

Following them out of the house, we all stopped as we stepped down the last step. Looking around at the dark woods that surrounded the house, my eyes widened at the sight of numerous wolves appearing through the trees. "We're outnumbered-"

"By a lot," Alice finishes for me, her face echoing mine.

"I won't let them hurt my family," Edward declares, locking his eyes on the biggest and darkest wolf, who growled in response.

"We're all gonna die... we're surrounded by bloodthirsty wolves and we're all gonna die," I whisper to myself, shaking my head in disbelief.

As soon as the first wolf starts to race toward us, the rest follow.

We race forward and meet them halfway, knowing that we have to keep them away from the house. I bring my foot up and kick a random wolf in the face, causing him to fly back and land roughly in the dirt.

My small victory is quickly stripped away from me as I'm shoved to the side by a different wolf. Throwing my arms out to push him away as his snout continues to snap at me, his long sharp teeth only a few inches away from snapping my head off.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I yelp out, turning my head. Feeling his drool land on the side of my face, his hot breath fanning my face.

A few feet away, Edward and Alice end up in the same position as me, pinned down to the ground by their respective wolves. Jasper continued to try and feverishly fight off the wolves that surrounded him, but every time he would punch one away, another would take its place.

A loud yell caused me to snap my head to the side, feeling the weight of the wolf get thrown off of me. Theo sent it a seething glare before quickly helping me up and looking me over with his now golden eyes.

We both snap our heads in different directions as multiple snarls surround us. Standing back to back as a small cluster of wolves surrounded us. We both worked together to fight them off, our backs protecting each other as we punched, kicked, and threw wolves away.

A few minutes into our attempt to fight the wolves off, Jacob's two friends appear from the side of the house, pausing for a moment before rushing in to help. The lighter, white-ish one raced to assist Alice, who was still pinned down. While the smaller more tan one rushed forward to fight one of his former friends.

At some point, we all congregate at the front stairs of the house. Punching, kicking and throwing away any wolves that got too close for our liking. After a few more minutes, Jacob ran out of the house and jumped over the railing, landing roughly in front of us all.

"Stop!" he shouted, moving to stand in front of the dark black one, that I had now figured out to be the leader, Sam. "It's over!"

Sam let out a growl as he moved to go around Jacob, who just moved to block him. "If you kill her, you kill me!"

Sam threw Jacob into the air, causing him to shift. Landing on all fours as he looked up and fiercely met Sam's glare, snarling at him.

"Jacob imprinted," Edward announced, watching as the two wolves faced off. Sam's ears pinned down slightly as Jacob towered over him. "They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law."

Sam's growls and snarls slowly subsided as he looked at Jacob with wide eyes. Slowly pulling his large paws backward as they both continued to have a fierce stare-off. Suddenly he turned around and ran back off into the woods, the rest of his pack follwing a few moments after, each of them making sure to send us a glare before they raced off.

Jacob slowly turns around and looks at Edward, the two having a silent conversation.

_______

don't forget to comment and vote!
-T