Chapter Seventy-Two

Chapter Seventy-Two - The Wedding

*Genevieve*

Settling into my seat, I smile as I feel Theo's hand cover my own, sending me a comforting squeeze as everyone began to settle in.

"Excited for ours?" Theo whispered to my ear, the smile evident through his voice.

"Of course, though I do hope that you know it will not be nearly as big as this," I remark back, listening to him chuckle and nod his head in agreement. The two of us snickering when we heard both Alice and Tanya let out little humphs of indignation towards our plans.

"Anything that you want to plan sounds amazing. I don't care as long as I'm with you," he declares, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek before sitting back in his chair.

______________________

As the music began to play, we all stood up and turned to look as Bella and Charlie began to slowly make their way out of the house and towards the alter, following the path that Alice had carefully created only a few days prior.

The nerves seemed to flow off of Bella as she got closer and closer to the alter, gripping Charlie's sleeve as she glanced up then immediately back down once she saw the sheer amount of people that were watching her. Her chest rapidly rose and fell as they neared the corner of the path, which would put them only a few yards away from Edward. Her heartbeat beginning to race faster and faster, more than would be expected or considered normal for 'wedding day jitters'. She seemed almost slouched over as if she was hoping to go unnoticed by everyone, her eyes fluttering back and forth.

Jasper was getting ready to send out waves of calm, worrying that Bella might hyperventilate before she could make it all the way down the aisle, but was quickly stopped by Alice, who put a reassuring hand on his arm as she continued to watch the scene play out. Both her and I silently hope that Bella doesn't trip before she can make it all the way down.

As soon as she rounded the corner, as nervously glanced up and met Edward's gaze. I didn't even need Jasper's ability to see just how much she relaxed. Her breathing evened out, while her heartbeat picked up a but, but that was to be expected. She stood a little taller too, taking slightly bigger steps, her confidence growing as she continued to gaze into Edward's eyes, zoning out the countless eyes that were on her as she focused on her soon-to-be husband.

As the father-daughter duo reached the end of the aisle, Charlie turned to her and gave her a small smile, leaning over and pressing a kiss to her cheek before handing her off to Edward and sitting down in his spot.  Watching as they stepped onto the small podium and the officiant began his speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan..."

______________________