Chapter Eighty-One

Chapter Eighty-One - River of Blood

*Genevieve*

Sitting on the couch, I smirked as I listened as Rose tries to yet again convince Bella to rethink her baby name choices.

Biting back my laugh, I let out a soft sigh as I continued to read my book, content in my spot on the plush chair in the corner of the room.

"Can't we come up with something just a little more classic?" Rose asked, rubbing her hand on Bella's belly soothingly.

"She made her mind up Rose," I say, sighing as I turn the page of my book. "Don't bother trying to change it."

Rose just scoffed and playfully rolled her eyes at me before turning back to Bella and continuing her futile efforts.

I chuckled softly as I continued to read, glancing up as I listened to Edward share a few words with Jacob, who just nodded and walked into the room.

With the help of both Rose and Alice, Bella managed to pull herself up from the chair she was seated in, smiling at the two boys.

"Hey," she greeted softly, rubbing her belly as she looked at Jacob carefully. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon," Jacob replied, causing Bella to scoff softly and roll her eyes.

"This is pretty important, Bella," Rose said softly to her, a small smile appearing on her face. "Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided."

"W-what now?" Jacob sputtered out, his eyes widened as he glanced back at Edward worryingly.

Edward chucked as a small smirk appeared on his face. "Rose is trying to talk Bella out of her baby names."

"It won't work," I sing out, shutting my book and watching them all, my own smirk appearing on my face.

Rose just rolled her eyes as Bella chuckles weakly, "she hates them."

"Well then, I'm on your side no matter what you picked," Jacob says, smiling at the thought of irritating Rose.

"They're not that bad," she says, glancing at Rose before looking back at Edward and Jacob. "If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob."

"Okay, fine. That ones not awful," Rose admits, "why don't you tell them the girl's name."

Bella looked down, smiling slightly before looking back up. "I was playing around with our moms' names. Renee and Esme. And I was thinking...Renesmee."

Jacob's eyebrows raised slowly, as he nodded his head at her words. The shock and confusion were clear as he tried the name out. "R-Renesmee."

Edward chuckled and smirked at his reaction, looking away from the group and towards the ground.

"Too weird?" Bella asked, a small smile appearing on her face.

"U-uh-umm-"

"No, that's not too weird," Edward said, cutting off Jacob's confused mumbling. "It's beautiful. And unique, which certainly fits the situation. I like Renesmee."

Bella smiles and quietly chuckles as she looks at him. Jacob is still at a loss for words as he looks at her, wide-eyed. Rose just playfully rolls her eyes as she grabs Bella's cup and hands it to her.

"He likes it," Bella whispers to her, causing Rose to roll her eyes again. As she reaches for the cup she misses, causing it to fall out of Rose's grip and crash onto the floor, the blood splashing onto the ground below, making our eyes widen and snap over to it.