Chapter 41, "Out of Reach".

At Jen's house :

Maria : What do you mean you don't know?

Jen : Well, Maria...

Maria : Is everything alright? I mean I know what happened must have been a hard thing for you guys to go through, but you don't have to continue using me... you could get a new...

Jen : No, no. It's not about that honey. We chose you and you're the one we want.

Maria : Okay. Then...

Looking over at the picture of her and Brad standing on the desk, Jen takes a deep breath.

Jen : It's just... Brad isn't home right now and I'd like to talk to him before taking any decisions.

Maria : That's completely understandable.

Jen : Mhm.

As she struggles to hold back tears as she regrets what she said when they were fighting, she clears her throat.

Maria : Well, call me or Dr. Davis whenever... and make sure to tell Brad as soon as possible.

The excitement in Maria's voice, makes Jen feel disappointed in herself for letting it get to this point.

Jen : I will.

The next day, in Turks and Caicos :

Flea : The weather is beyond all expectations, I mean look at this...

Flea points to the window, as the two guys are hanging out after eating breakfast.

Brad : Mhm.

Flea : Jennifer should have seen this, she would have loved it.

Not really listening to what Flea's saying as he's staring at his phone, hoping to receive a call or text from Jen any minute, he doesn't answer.

Flea : You alright man?

Brad : What?

Flea laughs as Brad finally lifts his stare.

Brad : I'm just worried about Jen.

Flea : Oh, don't be. I bet she's doing just fine.

Brad : I don't know man... maybe I should just go home.

Flea : Come on', you just got here. You haven't even seen the island yet.

Brad : I know, but...

Flea : Listen, let's go for a ride on the boat today, do some snorkeling, look at some fish.

Brad : Well...

Flea : It'll be fun Brad. You can stop by the gift shop and buy something nice for Jen.

On the set of The Morning Show :

Reese : What?

Jen : Bradley, this better.... uhm. This better...

Jen clears her throat while trying to remember her line.

Jen : What's the line again?

Leaning in, Reese whispers over her shoulder.

Reese : This better not be another one of your attempts to blow this show up.

Jen : Mhm. Right.

Mimi : Try it again Jen.

Jen : Bradley this better not be another one of your attempts to blow this fucking show up.

Reese : What if it is?