Chapter 36, "Positive".

Two weeks later :

Kristin : Look at you!

Kristin wipes a tear away, before handing Jen a polaroid taken the 29th of July.

Jen : Gosh...

It's a photo taken before the ceremony, of her and all the girls getting ready.

The hopeful look in her eyes, as she's about to marry the man she thought she'd see herself grow old with, makes her feel somewhat sorry for her younger self.

Jen : I remember being so nervous here... and excited of course.

In that moment, she had no idea they'd end up getting divorced 5 years later, which would not only affect her privately, but also publicly, as it resulted in the media labeling her as a "scorned woman" for years.

Kristin : Yeah... you told me needed to throw up right after this.

Jen : I know... it all went away once I was up there with him though.

However, that hopeful, younger version of herself wasn't entirely wrong.

They would eventually grow, not exactly old, but older, together.

Kristin : So... marrying your ex husband again...

Jen : I know... I know how "insane" it sounds but I really believe, or I know... that he is the one.

She furrows her brows before continuing.

Jen : And I think I knew that all along.

Reaching for another picture, of the two of them saying their vows to one another, she takes a deep breath.

Jen : Despite how young and naive I was.

Kristin : Why couldn't you guys get back together again last year? 2020 would be the perfect year to get remarried... on your 20th anniversary!

Jen : I don't think we're going for the same date honey.

Kristin : Why not?

Jen bites her lip as Kristin apparently doesn't remember what happened on that day last year.

Jen : Dolly...

Kristin : Oh... yeah you should go with another date.

The same night :

While brushing her teeth in the bathroom, as she's getting ready for bed, Jen's texting Amanda about tomorrow.

Amanda
I'll be there around 12. Are you sure Brad will be out?

Brad : Honey! Would you get my glasses? They should be in there somewhere!

Jen
He's working tomorrow, I'm postive. See you tmrw, love you.

Brad : Jen?

Jen : Yes, yes...

Grabbing Brad's glasses, she turns off the light before walking into the bedroom.

Brad : Thank you.

Brad smirks at her, as she hands them to him.

Jen : What?

Brad : You look hot.

Jen : Really?

Understanding what he's hinting at, she laughs.

Jen : Again tonight?

He nods as Jen joins him in bed.

Jen : Do you ever get enough?