Chapter 44, "Unleash the Past".

Disclaimer : This chapter is completely fictional and mentions domestic and substance abuse.

In Court :

DeJean : You're aware of the incident that happened on the plane, with his son Maddox? Right, Ms. Aniston?

Jen : Yes, but he was drunk, he was...

DeJean : Are you justifying what he did? Hitting his own son?

Jen : No! I just... he was under the influence, he wasn't thinking clearly.

Jen sighs, before going on.

Jen : I know for a fact that he was and is deeply sorry... and I'd like to think Angelina does too.

The attorney turns to look at Angelina, who raises her eyebrow.

DeJean : Do you really think violence towards children should be tolerated?

Jen : No, I don't, but...

DeJean : But?

Jen : It happened once. It won't and will never happen again.

DeJean : Ms. Aniston... he's a danger to his own family.

Jen : Jen : Listen... if I had any doubt about Brad's ability to look after his children...

As she's about to reveal her and Brad's plan of having a baby, Angelina's attorney takes a step closer interrupting her.

Jen : We wouldn't...

DeJean : Was Brad ever violent with you Ms. Aniston?

Throwing her off guard, Jen widens her eyes.

Jen : What?

DeJean : Did he ever hurt you while being under the influence? Or sober for that matter?

Spiegel : Objection!

DeJean : I'm just asking a question.

Spiegel : Dear honor, this is pure fabrication!

Judge : Overruled.

DeJean : Ms. Aniston?

Jen : He has never hurt me. He has never laid a hand on me.

DeJean : Are you sure about that?

Jen : Yes.

Jen turns to look at Brad, who's clearly affected by the question asked.

DeJean : Certain?

Jen : What? Yes.

The woman suddenly picks up a remote control, turning on a screen, showing pictures of a woman's neck.

It's covered in bruises.

Jen : What is this?

Jen swallows as she turns to look at the images, not understanding what's happening.

DeJean : These are pictures taken of Ms. Jolie's neck in 2016.

Jen : What?

Turning to look at Brad, who's shaking his head, Jen stares at him in disbelief.

DeJean : And her arms... and her legs...

DeJean skips to the next picture and the next after that, before Brad's attorney once again gets up from his seat.

DeJean : These bruises were all caused by this man... sitting over there.

She points to Brad, while Spiegel raises his voice.