Chapter 19, "Everything Will Work Out".

A few days later :

Its Sunday morning and Jen and Brad are sleeping in late as they stayed up way later than they should have last night.

But quarter to 11 Jen the sound of Jen's phone ringing eventually wakes her up.

Jen : Hello?

She answers the phone with a voice that lets Justin know she was asleep before he called.

Justin : Sorry, did I wake you?

Jen : Its fine, just... hold on one second.

Looking over at Brad, she doesn't want to wake him so she gets out of bed and walks to the kitchen still half asleep.

Jen : Hi Justin.

Justin : What's up?

Jen : Oh nothing. What's up with you? Why are you calling?

Remembering how they left things the last time they spoke, she realizes there must be a reason for why he's calling.

Justin : Yeah, I just... I've been thinking a lot about you lately... and I don't like this thing going on between the two of us.

Jen takes a deep breath as he goes on, as she's secretly been waiting for him to call her for a long time.

Justin : I don't like not speaking to you.

Jen : I don't like not speaking to you either.

Justin : Ok, that's... I'm glad we're on the same page then.

He laughs, which for Jen feels good to hear again.

Justin : Cause' you know... our friendship means so much to me. You're my B. And I'm just, I'm sorry for the way I reacted to...

Jen : No, I'm sorry Justin. I should have told you way earlier.

Justin : Well, probably... it was pretty shocking walking in on the two of you.

Jen : Excuse me, nothing was going on.

Justin : His belt was open.

Biting her lip she realizes she's been defeated.

Jen : Well... you stopped it before it went any further.

They stay quiet for a few seconds, just taking it all in.

They've officially turned the page now and whether or not Justin's been seeing someone else, Jen is and that means the two of them is now a thing of the past.

Jen : So we're good?

Justin : Come on Jen, you know we're always good.

A huge weight is lifted off her shoulders as they've finally made up.

Like they always do.

Jen : I better go back to bed before Brad wakes up.

Justin : He's sleeping over?

Not seeing the need to tell him that he's sort of living with her as its just temporarily, she decides to not mention that.

Jen : Yeah... yeah I know its...

Justin : Hey, its fine Jen. Just... know you can still always come to me if you need someone to talk to.

Jen : I know.

Justin : Okay. Bye Jennifer. See ya.

Jen : Bye Justin.

A few minutes later :