Chapter 24, "The Topic of Children".

A few days later :

Jen : Honey!

Walking through the house, Jen's looking for Brad who apparently woke up way earlier than she did.

Jen : Brad?

Brad : Out here!

She steps outside in the backyard, where she finds him sitting in a chair drinking coffee.

Jen : What are you doing here?

Sitting down on the sofa facing him, she smiles as she notices Clyde's laying on his lap.

Brad : It was so nice out today so I thought I might as well soak up some sun.

Jen : Oh... did you put sunscreen on?

He laughs, as he loves how she still watches over him as if she was his mother.

Amongst all her friends too, Jen has always been like a mom. She's just naturally got that motherly instinct in her.

Brad : I think I'll be okay.

Jen : Well, it's important Brad.

Brad : I'll remember next time.

Grabbing his coffee cup, she takes a sip of it before quickly handing him the cup again.

Jen : God, you need to stop making your coffee that strong. It's undrinkable.

Brad : Make your own coffee then, and stop stealing mine.

He laughs, as he knows she'll never stop stealing his things.

Even his clothes disappear as she borrows his jeans from time to time.

Jen : So... you're picking up the kids later today?

Brad : Yup.

Jen : I guess you'll be heading to your place then?

Brad : Yeah... it's gonna feel kind of weird to sleep in my own bed now.

Jen : It'll be nice for you to finally spend some time with the kids though, I'm sure they've missed you.

Brad : I hope so.

Walking over to him, she bends down giving Brad a kiss, before giving Clyde one too.

Jen : I know Clyde and I will miss you when you're gone.

Brad : Angie has told the kids about you.

Jen : Really?

Brad : Yeah. She said they all really wanted to meet you soon. There were no hard feelings... from them at least.

Jen : They said that?

Brad : How about you come over for dinner? On wednesday... I'm sure the kids would love that.

Jen : So soon?

Brad : You're not ready yet?

Jen : No... I'm ready.

Brad : Good, then you'll come over on Wednesday. I'll make some pasta or something.

Jen : Mhm.

He gives her a kiss on the cheek before lifting Clyde off of his lap walking inside to get ready for the day.

Jen smiles at him as he disappears, but on the inside however, she could not be more nervous.

The next morning :

Courteney : Jen. You'll be fine.

Jen : Mhm.

Courteney : You shouldn't get all stressed out because of this... even Angelina said the kids wanted to meet you!