Chapter 11, "New Year's".

A few hours before the New Year's Eve party :

At Amanda's house, Jen and the rest of the girls are getting ready for tonight.

Jen personally thought it would be a good idea inviting Amanda, Courteney, Kristin and Andrea, knowing Brad's friends are probably just gonna be old colleagues of his.

Kristin : You're wearing that?

Jen : Yes.

Courteney : Wow.

Jen : What... is it something wrong with it?

Kristin : No... nothing, just...

Andrea : Someone's getting lucky tonight.

Jen : Andrea...

Jen smacks Andrea, laughing... but secretly hoping she's right.

Courteney : So who would have thought we'd be celebrating New Year's at Brad Pitt's this year girls?

Jen : Oh, come on.

3 hours later :

They step out of the car, making sure the paparazzi are standing outside the gate, where they can't see them.

Hiding from them was a big part of their routine when they first started dating. It could get exhausting sometimes, but it also made things more exciting.

Jen, in a black mini dress and matching stilettos, walks through the doors of Brad's house immediately getting flashbacks to the parties they used to host together.

The music is the same, the decorations are the same and even some of the people as she spots Melissa Etheridge having a conversation with George Clooney.

Kristin : This feels oddly familiar.

Courteney : Right.

Jen : I'm gonna go find Brad.

Talking to David Fincher, Brad sees Jen clearly looking for someone while pouring herself a drink.

Brad : Will you excuse me?

He rushes over to her, getting a better look at her dress and also noticing how she kept her hair natural, just the way he likes it.

He's left in complete awe.

Brad : Jen.

She turns around, with the biggest smile on her face.

Jen : Hi baby.

Brad : Come with me.

Wanting nothing but to kiss her, he grabs her hand, leading her up the stairs to his bedroom.

With the side of her face in his palm, Brad kisses her, letting her know just how badly he has missed her these past few days.

Jen : Brad.

And she has missed him too... despite the many texts and phone calls.

Brad : Yes.

Not wanting to let go of her, he presses her up against the door.

Jen : You've... got a lot of guests downstairs.

Brad : But I've got you with me here... upstairs.

She laughs, opening the door and dragging him out of the room while pretending him kissing her didn't just make her knees so weak she can barely walk straight.

They come walking down the stairs, holding hands, while trying to not make it too obvious that they are back together...

but everyone has got an idea.