Chapter 34, "Lies & More Lies".

1 week later :

Brad : Jen!

Jen : In the kitchen!

Brad : I swear this house is so big I can barely find you.

He smiles as he walks to her, before wrapping his arms around her waist, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Jen : Ah, that's part of the fun.

Brad : Hey I was wondering have you made any plans for Thanksgiving?

Jen : Uhm... no.

Jen looks down as he mentions the holiday she associates with Justin.

Brad : Really? I thought you threw a party every year... you usually plan them weeks ahead...

Jen : Brad...

She shakes her head as he goes on.

Brad : What's up?

Jen : It's just... Thanksgiving was something Justin and I would host together.

Brad : Oh... I...

Jen : It's fine, I just... I've kind of been avoiding it this year.

Brad : Well... let's just keep it low key then huh? Just a couple of friends.

Jen : Really? Would that be okay for you?

Brad : Come on Jen'... you know I've never really been a fan of big parties.

Jen : Right.

With his birthday and the proposal in mind, she smiles as she realizes he'll be happy to know that it's just gonna be the two of them that day.

Brad : By the way I have...I'm going down to the set tomorrow, so I don't think I'll be home for dinner.

He hates lying to her, but he's got no other choice.

It's not like he can tell her he's going to see a ring designer to pick out her engagement ring.

Jen : Oh, okay. But don't forget about the meeting with Davis on Thursday. You kind of have to be there to...

Brad : I know, I know. I need to... whatever... in a cup. Got it.

Jen : Oh come on', aren't you excited though? It's finally happening.

He smiles at her as he reminds himself of the reason why he's doing this.

Brad : Of course I am baby.

And that reason is Jen and also what very soon will be the start of their family... together.

Jen : Well... for me at least. I mean you've gone through this about 6 times.

Brad : Hey, that doesn't make this any less special.

He pulls her closer as she sighs.

Brad : Do you think Clyde and Sophie... or Chesterfield are any less special than your first dog?

Jen : No...

Brad : See.

Jen : I guess you're right.

Brad : As always.

He laughs before pressing his lips against hers.

Jen : Shut up.

At the jewelry designer Sat Hari Khalsa's place :

Brad : I really like this one. I just can't stop looking at it.