Chapter 22, "Shocking Announcement."

3 weeks later :

A few weeks after the Oscar's COVID-19 has now led to workplaces and several countries shutting down.

Brad and Jen are now quarantined together at her house and living on top of each other 24/7 has been a big change for them both.

Jen : I understand that you're living here now and I want you to feel comfortable but can you please go down with all the cups and bowls after you're done using them?

Brad : Sorry, I forgot.

Jen : It's fine, just try to remember it.

Throwing herself down on the bed next to him, she gets a message from Court updating her on Kevin's situation.

Jen : Kevin is awake now.

Brad : Really?

Jen : Yeah, Court called his nurse this morning.

Brad : That's a huge relief.

She lays her head on Brad's chest, glad that Kevin is finally doing alright.

Jen : I've got that zoom call later. That Apple thing.

Brad : Is that today?

Jen : Yeah. So keep away from my office.

Brad : Will do.

Grabbing her phone, she opens Instagram scrolling through her feed.

Brad : But Jen?

Jen : Yeah?

Brad : We should do it soon.

Jen : I know.

Brad : Because the longer we wait the more...

Nodding, she sighs realizing procrastinating it won't help in the long run.

Jen : I know, I know.

Brad : I don't wanna push you Jen, I just think everything would be easier if we didn't have to hide and sneak around all the time.

Jen : Do you not like things as they are right now?

Brad : Sure, not having our whole world involved in our relationship is nice... but at the same time I wanna be able to show you off.

Jen : Show me off?

Brad : Not like that, I mean... like the Oscars for example... I hated showing up there alone. I wanted you to be there with me.

Jen : I know honey. I want that too.

2 hours later :

Brushing through her hair in a hurry, she peaks her head through the bathroom door talking to Brad who's still in bed.

Jen : You should get up and do something. Get something out of your day.

Brad : I thought I wasn't allowed downstairs.

Jen : You're not allowed in my office Brad, not the whole fucking floor.

Checking herself in the mirror, making sure her makeup is alright, she walks out of the bathroom grabbing her phone from the nightstand.

Jen : You could look for some pictures of us to post on Instagram.

Brad : Really?

Jen : Yeah, at least then you'd be a little productive.

She rushes down the stairs as the call starts in a few minutes.

Brad : You look nice!

Jen : Thank you!