Chapter 9, "Protective".

Later, the same night :

Brad : Do you want the last egg roll?

Jen : No, you can have it... but I do want some of your shrimp chips.

After Jen spent some time being Brad's therapist, they've now settled on the couch with enough chinese food to probably feed 10 people in front of them.

They're watching Hitch, one of Jen's favorite movies, and it's like they're right back to where they were when they first started dating.

When they would stay in and order takeout and rent movies instead of going out having to deal with paparazzi.

Brad : Come here then.

Jen hops closer to Brad and ends up in the crook of his arm.

Brad : The way to a girl's heart is through her stomach... isn't that what they say?

He feeds her chips like she's a child.

Jen : Is that why I suddenly had to workout twice as hard as soon as I met you?

Brad : Oh shut up.

He wraps his arm around her, making her feel safe in a way only he can.

And she can't help but wonder why it feels so right to have him holding her...

Brad : Do you still remember our first date?

She looks up at him.

Jen : Of course.

Brad : It was exactly like this. Except it was in a hotel.

Jen : Yeah... we never left that room...

Throwing the chips on the table, Brad kisses her.

His hands quickly get under her shirt, making it to her bra. And needing her approval before he goes any further, he breaks the kiss.

Jen just nods, staring at him with excitement in her eyes while he's practically ripping it off.

Jen : Turn off the TV.

Brad : Oh. Yes, sure.

He turns it off, while Jen gets on top before throwing her bra on the floor.

Jen : You sure you wanna do this?

Brad : There is literally... nothing... I've wanted more than to do this with you.

Hearing him say those words, she suddenly can no longer find a single reason why they shouldn't do this.

Then suddenly, Brad grabs her waist pulling her down on him, before he finally slips his tongue back into her mouth, kissing her deeper.

Jen's hands make their way down to his belt fast enough, trying to get it off in a hurry. 

About to remove his pants next, they suddenly freeze after the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house.

Brad : Who the hell is that?

Jen : Uhm... I'll go check. Stay here... don't move.

Jen jumps off of him, leaving Brad laying puzzled on the couch, while she's walking towards the door with messy hair and no bra.

Jen : Don't say a word!

She yells out to Brad, before taking a deep breath to open the door.

When seeing the face of the person standing on the other side of the door the only word she's able to get out of her mouth is...