Chapter 28, "Lord Chesterfield".

The next day :

Jay Carson : Starting from next month, we will function as a cohort. Which means no unnecessary people on set, ruling out visitation et cetera.

Jen and the rest of the cast and crew of TMS are currently in a meeting discussing the new guidelines on set, now that they'll finally be able to continue production in a few weeks.

Reese : Even family?

Jay : Even family. We can't risk anything.

Reese turns to Jen, giving her a crooked smile as she hopes she's not the only one a little sad they won't be able to have family and friends around.

Mark : What do we do with stand-ins?

Jay : We'll have to wait and see, but so far we don't know.

Suddenly feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket, Jen pulls it out seeing Brad's name on the screen.

Jen : I need to take this. Excuse me.

Walking out of the room she answers the phone, smiling by the sound of Brad's voice.

Brad : Hi baby.

Jen : Hi. What's up?

Brad : I just wanted to know when I can expect you home today?

Jen : Uhm, I think we'll be done by 6. Why?

Brad : No reason.

With a smirk on his face, Brad's got the phone up to his ear as he's getting the groceries out of the bag while talking.

He's planning a dinner for the two of them tonight, as it's been a long time since they've had a date night after COVID happened.

Jen : You're not gonna do a jump scare on me are you?

Brad : No.

He laughs as he knows how much she hates when he does that.

Jen : Okay, I gotta get back.

Brad : Oh yeah, of course.

Jen : Love you. See you soon.

Brad : Love you too.

A couple of hours later :

Jen : Brad!

Walking through the door, Jen's met by Clyde and Sophie running up to her pressing their heads against her legs.

Jen : Hi you guys..

She gives each of them some kisses, before walking into the living room, throwing her purse on the couch.

Jen : Honey?

Brad : In here!

Turning the corner to the kitchen, she's met by Brad standing next to a set table and lit candles.

Jen : Brad...

Brad : I thought you might be hungry..

Walking over to him, she plants a kiss on his lips before wrapping her arms around him.

Jen : This is so sweet of you.

Brad : Well, I just realized how long it's been since we've sat down and had a proper dinner.

Jen : We have dinner every day, don't we?

Brad : Yeah, but I mean something else than pasta.

Laughing, she sits down on the chair as he pulls it out for her.

Brad : Wine?

Jen : Yes, please.

He grabs the bottle, pouring some in the glass before joining her.