Chapter 17, "Brad tells Angelina".

2 days later

Jen : Hey honey.

Brad holds the phone up to his ear while taking a left turn as he's on his way to Angelina's house.

Brad : I was just calling to tell you that I'm on my way over to pick up the kids now... so I'm thinking of telling her.

Jen : Really?

Brad : Yeah. Are you surprised?

Jen : Well, I just thought you'd wait until the last minute like you always do. I wasn't expecting you to do it so soon...

Brad : You don't want me to tell her today? Should I wait?

Even though this "keeping it secret" thing has been fun, Jen knows letting Angelina know is the right thing to do.

That's what she wish Brad would have done when he started dating her after the two of them broke up... considering how humiliating it was that the media and the rest of the world found out before her.

She doesn't want that to happen to Angelina.

Jen : No. I want you to tell her.

Brad : Great, cause I'm pulling up to her house now.

Jen : Oh, okay. Good luck.

A few minutes later :

Brad : How have they been?

Angelina : Good. We've mostly just been home the last couple of weeks.

He takes his hat off, as he knows she'd always ask him to do that whenever he was inside.

Angelina : They're upstairs, I'll go get them.

Realizing this has to happen now, he grabs her arm stopping her.

Brad : Wait... I actually need to talk to you about something.

Raising her brow, she turns to him not having any idea what's about to hit her.

Angelina : What?

Brad : Should we sit down maybe?

Angelina : Is something wrong? Has something happened?

Brad : No, nothing like that.

Angelina : Just tell me.

He looks down at his feet, being nervous of how she's going to react.

Will she tell the kids right away? He'd like to do that himself as he doesn't know if they're ready for such a big change.

Angelina : Have you met someone?

Lifting his head, he can tell by her voice that she hopes he'll say no.

Angelina : Brad?

Brad : Well... yeah.

She breathes in before continuing.

Angelina : Alia?

Brad : No, no. We're just friends.

Angelina : Then who? I don't have all day Brad.
He looks down at his feet once again, before finally deciding to just tell her.

Brad : It's Jen.

Angelina : Jen who?

He doesn't say anything, knowing she knows who he's talking about.

She just doesn't want to believe it.

Angelina : No...

Starting to walk around the hallway anxiously, she lays her head in her hands.