Chapter 16, "Conversations".

The day after the SAG awards :

Jen : Have you seen this?

Jen gives him her phone, showing him all the news articles about their reunion last night.

Brad : You sure as hell broke the internet again babe.

Jen : "Brad Pitt stopped everything to catch Jennifer Aniston's speech backstage."

She reads the headline out loud before clicking on the video, seeing Brad backstage watching her on the screen.

Jen : Did you watch my speech?

Brad : I had to.

Jen : In front of all those people.

He understands that this is overwhelming for her, but he just finds it amusing to watch everyone making a big deal out of it.

Brad : It's fine Jen.

Jen : But they're all going insane. I mean it's even worse on Instagram.

Brad sits down next to her, wrapping his arm around her before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Brad : I don't have Instagram.

Jen : I know you don't... but...

Brad : Just let them go nuts. It's not like they know what's really going on.

Jen stumbles upon a headline saying "Courteney Cox Reacts To Brad Pitt-Jennifer Aniston's Reunion At SAG Awards".

Jen : They might as well know after this.

She points to the article letting him read it.

1 and a half hour later :

Jen : Babe?

After taking Clyde and Sophie on a walk around the property, Jen walks back into the living room to see that Brad's no longer watching the game he was watching.

Jen : Brad?

Brad : In here.

She finds him standing in the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water.

Jen : I'm going to meet Courteney for lunch later.

Brad : Oh... I guess I'll just go home while you're...

Jen : Come with me.

Brad : Really? You sure it isn't like a girl's day...

Remembering how much he hated spending time with all the girls at once, she laughs.

Jen : Johnny's gonna be there too.

Brad : I've never met Johnny.

Jen : Well, you will today.

At Courteney's :

Jen knocks on the door, before taking Brad's hand in hers.

Courteney : Hey!

Jen : Hi honey.

Court looks over at Brad a little surprised.

Brad : Hey.

Courteney : Come in, come in.

Jen : Brad stayed over so I thought I'd might as well just bring him today.

Brad : I was totally set up.

Court laughs, as she too recalls how Brad would always leave the house if all the girls were coming over.