Chapter 33, "Parallels".

The same day :

Amanda : You're kidding, right?

Jen : I'm not Amanda.

Amanda : What?

Jen : I've thought about it for some time now, ever since what happened with Justin... and I just, I don't want him to doubt my love for him.

Amanda : But can't you just write him a card or something...

Jen : It's not like we're getting married. It's just an engagement.

Amanda : I guess, but Jen... I mean, isn't this happening a bit fast?

Jen : Fast? I've known him for more than 20 years. I think I know what I'm getting myself into.

Amanda : That's it.

Jen : Hm?

Amanda : I'm calling the girls and we're coming over :

Later :

Jen : I don't understand why you're all making such a big deal out of this. We're literally...

Jen stops herself, as she realizes Andrea and Kristin don't even know about the whole "having a baby" thing yet.

Jen : We've been dating for almost a year now.

Andrea : We know, but...

The girls follow her into the living room, after grabbing a wine glass each.

Kristin : Listen... it's not that we're not happy for you, cause we are and we're so happy you and Brad have found each other again...

Andrea : Although we never thought that would happen, after what he...

Amanda : Andrea.

Amanda gives Andrea a stern look as this isn't the right time to bring up the past.

Kristin : But are you sure you're ready for this?

Jen sighs while trying to figure out a way to explain it to them.

Jen : Guys... he's the only one I want. He's the love of my life... I mean I can't imagine being with... any other human being.

Andrea : I've heard you say that before.

Jen : And I meant it.

Jen furrows her brow as she can tell Andrea isn't a hundred percent trusting of Brad yet.

Amanda : So when is this happening?

Jen : I don't know guys... I haven't really had much time to think about it. I just know it's something I wanna do.

While taking a sip of wine, an idea suddenly comes to her mind.

Jen : Maybe on his birthday?

Kristin : So soon?

Andrea : But Jen... why now? Why not wait till the year is over or something?

She turns to look at Amanda, who widens her eyes as she's the only one in this room that knows.

Kristin : What's going on Jen?

Leaning over to Amanda, Andrea whispers in her ear.

Andrea : Do you know something we don't?

Kristin : Jen...

Jen : We're having a baby.

Andrea's jaw drops, while the front door suddenly can be heard opening.