Chapter 21, "Are You Serious?".

Tuesday, the next week :

Jen : How are we even going to do this "going public" thing?

Brad : Can't we just... I don't know, let them figure it out themselves.

Jen : What do you mean?

She walks over to him taking a sip of his water, after she's been running around cleaning up in the kitchen as Brad's still eating.

Brad : We'll let the paparazzi snap some pictures of us at a restaurant or something, like last time when they took those pictures of us at that concert.

Jen : When Justin and I started dating we got one of his friends to take a few professional pictures of us and when they got released everyone sort of just... catched on.

He takes a big spoonful of pasta in his mouth while thinking about Jen's suggestion.

Pasta carbonara, made by Jen with a recipe Brad probably doesn't know comes from Justin.

Brad : Taking control of the narrative.

Jen : Exactly.

Sitting down on his lap, she removes a stray of blonde hair from his face and sighs.

Jen : I'm nervous about tomorrow.

Brad : You are?

Jen : Aren't you?

Brad : My ex wifes together in the same room... why would I possibly be nervous?

Jen rolls her eyes as Brad's laughing.

Jen : What if she hates me?

Brad : Jen she doesn't hate you. I thought it was you who didn't like her.

Jen : I didn't like you Brad. Not her.

Jen gives him a half smile as Brad pout his lip because of her comment.

Brad : Anyways, I'll pick you up from work tomorrow then?

Jen : Yeah, as long as you're not taking your bike.

Brad : Come on'. You gotta get on it at some point.

Jen : Nope.

Brad : You can't let me live with the fact that Justin was the only one who ever got you on one.

Jen : I'll only get on your bike if it's an emergency.

He pout his lip again, before he suddenly feels her lips on his.

As Jen gets up walking back to the kitchen, an idea suddenly comes to her mind.

Jen : How about we just post a picture on Instagram.

Brad : Of the two of us?

Jen : Yes, wouldn't that work?

Brad : Sure, if you wanna break the internet again.

Jen : Why not... I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of fun the last time.

Brad : I knew you secretly loved it.

The next day :

Brad

I'm outside :)

Jen puts her phone back in her pocket after reading the message, before clearing her throat.

Jen : Okay, I'm gonna head out now Kristin. Do we have everything set for tomorrow?

Kristin : Yeah, yeah.

Grabbing her purse sighing, she looks over at Kristin as she's about to open the door.