Chapter 18, "A Step Forward".

2 weeks later :

Jen : This is really starting to scare me Brad.

Sitting on Jen's couch, they're scrolling through news articles getting updated on everything that's going on in the world.

Brad : What?

Just like they used to spend their mornings when they were married, except back then they got their news from a newspaper.

Jen : The corona virus. Its spreading faster than wildfire.

Brad : Oh.

Jen : They're shutting down workplaces, restaurants and everything.

She sighs, before throwing away her phone as she can't take reading anymore devastating stories.

Jen : I feel so bad. I mean people are losing their jobs... they aren't getting paid.

Resting her head on Brad's shoulder, he runs his fingers through her hair.

Jen : So many people are struggling.

Brad : Its out of your control Jen.

She suddenly stands up grabbing her phone again, realizing it is in fact not.

Jen : Is it though?

Brad : Huh?

Jen : I want to donate.

Half an hour later :

Sitting in her office going over the paperwork, she shouts to Brad, who's in the kitchen.

Jen : I'm gonna donate a million!

Brad : Okay. I'll do the same.

Joining him, she gets surprised to see eggs and bacon cooking in a pan.

Jen : What are you doing?

Brad : Uhm... making breakfast. I hope you're hungry, I've got toasted bread, eggs, bacon and... yeah.

With a crooked smile, she walks over to him wrapping her arm around his waist before giving him a kiss.

Jen : I don't eat breakfast baby. I've got my green juice.

Brad : You should eat breakfast.

Jen : I'm doing that intermittent fasting thing.

He stops what he's doing, questioning her.

Brad : You're having breakfast.

Sitting down on one of the barstools, Jen can't seem to remember a single time he made breakfast when they were married.

Jen : You didn't know how to make shit when we were together, are you sure this is a good idea?

A little offended, he looks at her smiling.

Brad : Uh, who do you think cooks for the kids?

Jen : Angelina?

Laughing, he throws an egg on her plate.

Brad : She doesn't set foot in a kitchen.

1 hour later :
Brad : I need to leave for work soon.

Jen : What?

Brad : Yeah, believe or not I work.

She laughs before sitting down next to him, not really wanting him to leave. Ever.

Jen : You gotta be careful being around so many people. I don't want you to get sick.

Brad : I'll be careful.