You either die a hero... (ending 1)

Hey guys, it's the author here wanting to apologize for such a late update. Things have been off lately and I can't tell if it's from depression. I've been kinda just spacing off, thinking of nothing and kinda just sitting in the same area for some long periods of time.

My fire for finishing this story has dimmed a bit. Not died, just dimmed a little and I feel just out of it all the time.

This is ending 1, and to me, it's not that great, mostly because I just didn't have it in me to get fresh, new ideas to fit into it.

Ending 1 is supposed to be depressing, but it's either that or depressingly BAD depending on you, I don't know, I've read it over a few times but I'm still out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have two futures."

You stared at the man, who stared back silently, waiting for anything. A response or even a sound would be acceptable.

But you were quiet.

"I want to address this as delicately as possible. And I want you to understand that I do not know fully what leads you to your fate and I cannot guarantee that it'll work, but I'm hoping that some how we can prevent both." He looked at you expectantly, hoping that this time, you would answer.

Your mind was racing, pondering wether or not you should let him tell you. You were curious to say the least, and this seems really important... And why wouldn't want to hear of your futures? It can be helpful to have knowledge of them, right?

"Alright... then tell me." You said.

"Well... to begin, I will have to tell you where-"

"No. Tell me how it ends. You can explain how I got there later, just tell me what it is that happens in the end." You told him.

Nighteye breathed through his nose and let out a sigh before looking at you once more.

"In one of your futures, you become a villain, in the other, you die."

You stared at the man for a second before leaning back against your chair and started scanning the ceiling, eyes flitting back and forth in thought.

"...what kills me?"
"I'm not sure, I can only guess that it is a terminal illness."

"Why did I become a villain?"
"I'm not sure on that. Honestly, that future is more obscure than the one where you die."

"What happens when I become a villain?"
"You... killed a lot of people. But you left many alive. It's as though you were... selecting who lived."

"...when am I supposed to die in my other future?"
"That... I'm not sure... but you do die before anyone graduates." Nighteye responded.

You leaned back into the chair with a troubled look and bounced your leg a bit.

"Is there any other future? Any other way that I can change what happens?"

"Unfortunately, I cannot see any other future other than those two... as for the second question... back when we raided the Shie Hassaikai, Midoriya... he was supposed to die there... but you somehow managed to stop that..."

"Midoriya was supposed to die? I mean... How? Why would the original future show Midoriya dying but then have that not happen? You never told me about the future so I wouldn't have tried to change what I didn't know. I-... I don't understand..." you leaned forward and laid your head against your knuckles in frustration.