thirty-two

Pt

Pt. 2/2

The ride in the car on the way to the hospital was very awkward, to say the least.

Paola called me not long after Cyrus dropped the bomb and told me that she and Ryan were on a date, sitting in his car in the chick-fil-a parking lot when all of a sudden they heard gunshots coming at Ryan's side of the car. Ryan huddled over her to shield her.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of Jesse's Range Rover as we drive in silence. Cyrus is in the car.

I don't wanna assume but I'm pretty sure he doesn't really like me so much.

I watch Jesse's jaw clench as he switches lanes, moving into the right lane that would take him to St.James' Hospital that's less than 2 minutes away now as I start to see the front of the building.

We pull up to the parking lot a minute letter, as Jesse smoothly moves into a spot. When he parks the car, he sits in his seat staring out of the windshield silently. I go to place my hand on his shoulder. When I touch his shoulder, he quickly shrugs me off removing my left hand, and gets out of the car quickly, leaving me inside.

I assume he's gonna walk around and open my door for me but I was sadly mistaken since he was already walking towards the building. I stare out of my window in shock as I watch him walk away from the car.

He can't really be upset with me I-

"Are you gonna get out of the car or what?" I look to see him turned around looking at me in annoyance matching how angry and harsh he sounded just now.

He's so lucky his friend is in the hospital...

I get out of the car quickly and when he sees this he turns around and heads for the building again with me quickly scurrying after him.

Walking into hospitals is never fun. Looking around seeing people in pain either because of something they can't control or a loved one is gone.

If there's something my parents always taught me. It was to be grateful for my health because the situation could always be worse.

I can't imagine the kind of pain Ryan is in and I can only pray to God that he's okay. It's even more amazing that he was being shot at and his first instinct was to save Paola. If that doesn't show Paola how he feels then I don't know what will.

As we walk further down the hallway, me following behind Jesse simply because I can tell he's not in the mood to be around me for whatever reason, we reach the front desk as we walk to a front desk seeing a nurse hanging sitting at wearing black and red striped scrubs with a lollipop hanging from the side of her mouth, Her hair is brown and her skin is of a more pale complexion in comparison to Jesse. She looks to be in her mid 30's.

Jesse stops in front of the desk and says, "I need to know what room Ryan Simpson is in."

She looks up at him with wide eyes and says, "Ok first of all...Good Evening to you too." she rolls her eyes and says, "You're looking for Ryan Simpson? Are you immediate family?" she asks typing away on her computer