fifty-two

"Teachers say that to students all the time

"Teachers say that to students all the time." Ryan dismisses me as he takes another swig of Pepsi out of the bottle and screwing the cap back on shaking his head, continuing to flip through the channels of the TV guide.

Sucking my teeth, I look at him in disbelief as I run the towel through my hair attempting to air dry it faster, "I've never had a teacher tell me that I'm their fucking favorite." I scoff

Ryan snickers to himself, pushing the buttons on the remote, "Probably because you're not very well-liked in the adult crowd." he pauses, "And you barely go to class. You probably don't even know all of your teachers." he shrugs

I point at him as I walk over to the recliner that is sat to the left of the leather couch that he's on, taking a seat, looking at him pointedly, "I remember my teachers."

He looks at me tilts his head to the side judgmentally, "All of them?"

I shrug, "Some."

"Exactly my point." he chuckles at me again and I roll my eyes

"I still think something is up with him. He's not a normal guy." I say to myself and shake my head. "Not to mention he treats me like shit for no reason half the time. He should be lucky I haven't shot him."

"Yikes! You never attend his class and when you do you're always picking an argument and then you take his little teacher's pet out of his classroom before she can even finish grading her papers." He juts his bottom lip out so that it forms into a pout, "What could you have possibly done to get on his bad side."

"So you agree she's the teacher's pet?" I ask

"Is that really all you got from what I said? And you wonder why adults don't like you, you never pay attention." he starts to complain again before I give him a glare causing him to stop.

"Yes. I agree. But what teacher doesn't have a favorite student? They just don't usually admit out loud as he did." he shrugs his shoulders before his eyes scan the expression on my face and he sighs, "Don't tell me you don't trust your new girlfriend already. It's barely been a month."

"I trust her. I just don't trust him."

"You think he'd give up his job for a younger girl?" he asks

"A younger girl who just so happens to be his student who is also newly legal?"

He stops flipping through the channel guide and he looks back up at me, his face twisting in recognition as he says, "Just don't get yourself expelled before graduation."

-------------------------------------------

"You ditched me. I'm not talking to you." Giovanni looks at me as he pushes the lollipop I gave him even further into his mouth as he sinks back into his seat.

"Come on, Buddy. I didn't ditch you, I just had some things to do." I'm not completely lying. He's still in love with my girlfriend and I'm sure he's going to throw an even bigger fit, "I told you I was going to come back. I even brought you candy." I point at him as we continue to sit at the same table that I had always sat with him at before Karma and I were on our break.

He crosses his arms and looks towards the ceiling still ignoring me.

It's hard to take a man wearing a Paw Patrol hoodie seriously. I watch as he bounces his knee up and down trying to seem like he means business as his mouth begins to form into a small pout as it encloses around the pole of the lollipop.

I already knew that he'd put me on thin ice like this considering the last time I took a bit of a break from coming into the daycare.

However, I was already prepared.

I heard one of my guys talking about how their kid wanted to go see the new Tom & Jerry movie. I can't believe they were still coming with the movies about a silent cat and mouse but I understand the appeal to children that it has since I used to be a child myself.

It gave me the idea to..buy Gio tickets to go see the movie too. I mean he's a kid, he has to know what Tom and Jerry is.

"Well." I sigh loudly, grabbing his attention as he narrows his eyes at me and I lay back further in my seat, with a look of mock sadness on my face," I guess I'm going to have to find someone else take with me to go see Tom and Jerry. I can't believe I'm going to let these tickets go to waste." I groan a bit loudly just for dramatic effect so that he sees how "upset" I am.

I noticed his eyes widen a bit in interest when he heard Tom and Jerry, but I know he's still reluctant to say anything so I decided to take it a step further, " I've been looking for someone to go with me for weeks and no one seems to have the time. I was hoping that one of my friends would come through but I guess nobody has time." I make sure to turn my head away from him as I focus on the front door of the daycare.

Karma is playing dolls with this girl when she catches my stare and her eyes shift from Giovanni and back onto me before she shakes her head with a small smile on her face looking back at the little girl in front of her.

Now that I know I've gotten his interest I think it's time for me to put the lid on this situation when I get up out of my seat and say, "Well. It was nice seeing you Giovanni I've got to give these tickets away."

I'm ready to get out of my seat but before I can even take a couple of steps I feel a small hand grab onto the sleeve of my jacket causing a smirk to rise on my face but I quickly drop it when I turn my head to make eye contact with the little boy

The lollipop is out of his mouth as he is now looking at me and wonder, his eyes still have Not shrunken as they are still as wide as they were a few minutes ago when I had brought up the idea of going to the movie alone. I raised my eyebrows at him waiting for a response and he looks at me not really saying much.

"Yeah yeah. I know you don't want me around. I'm leaving." I tried to move but Giovanni physically refuses to let go as he pulls on the sleeve again I'm not surprised when the next words that come out of his mouth are, "Wait!"

"You said you don't have anyone to go with you?" he asked me in a small voice causing me to nod with a fake look of sadness still etched across my lips as I frown.

"Well, I think I'm free." He says to me and I can't help but laugh in response.

I try not to look at him in a way that makes him think that I'm not taking him seriously. But it's hard to take him seriously when he's telling me that he's free enough to go see a movie with me.

"Really?" I asked pretending to be surprised as I place a hand on my chest, "You would free up your schedule for me?" I asked him as I go to sit back in my seat across from him and he looks at me and nods his head vigorously and means to say yes.

"I thought you weren't talking to me though?" I asked him just to tease him.

"I was only kidding, Jesse please please please!" he began to plead seriously and clasping his hands together practically begging me even though he was the only one that I was considering taking to begin with.

"I think we can work something out." I smile widely at him and somehow my smile seems to grow even wider as he fist punches the air multiple times saying 'yes' repeatedly under his breath.

And by that, I mean I think I can sneak Giovanni out of the daycare to go see the movie and back in time.

The only issue is how would I get this past Karma and the rest of the volunteers?

----------------------------------------

[A/N] Not Jesse already beginning to keep secrets in his new relationship with Karma

Thank you for reading!! :))