sixty

[Recap: The last Chapter was a filler but Paola, Justine, and Karma were passing out posters for an event that Mr

[Recap: The last Chapter was a filler but Paola, Justine, and Karma were passing out posters for an event that Mr.Maddow is in charge of. They were met with Mr.Rossi walking into the school building]

"I'm regretting not doing my homework because I don't think this extra credit is worth it," Paola says with a loud sigh as we stand at the back of the cafeteria, watching as Mr. Maddow is walking around the room talking to students and their parents.

Today was the day of the tutoring fair that Paola and I have signed up to participate in.  I missed your matter brought up this activity to our class nobody was looking forward to doing it. I already have extra credit, so I didn't need to participate in this either, but I felt bad when nobody was raising their hand.

Paola decided at the last minute to join because she's still not fully comfortable around Ryan yet and she's using the tutoring opportunity as a way to give herself something to do after school to distance herself from him.

Paola has always been the type to run away from her problems. But in this instance, I guess I can't fault her for wanting to put a little space between the two of them even though that's the last thing that Ryan wants.

He even started giving me money to pay for Paola whenever she drives off campus to eat lunch because she never eats school food. She thought I was paying for all of it and I let her think that because she really wouldn't take it if she knew it was his money.

I used to eat with Jesse and now that Paola had taken his place since Cyrus and Ryan confessed he had started complaining that everyone around him including myself had been trying to 'cockblock' him ever since the night that we found out about Justine's injury and things had gotten a bit...Rated R? I guess.

Was I ready to go that far with Jesse?

Only God knows because I am sure as I hell don't.

I'm not sure if our relationship is as practical as I want it to be. Do I really want to give Jesse something so special just for us to possibly not work out in the end?

I always thought that when I got my first boyfriend he would be best friends with my parents and I would be able to actually claim him like that. So far only the people in the school know that we're more than just friends. At the same time though, they don't exactly know the rumors about him are anything more than just that.

After seeing how quickly Pao and Ryan kind of fell apart, I had been wondering If I should be as scared as Paola is.

After all, Jesse is the head of it all.

I should be afraid but I don't know if I am. At least not for the reason I should be.

I'm not going to think about this again right now, standing in the back of my school's cafeteria at night getting ready to be hired as someone's tutor.