forty-nine

Part 3/3(As a little refresher of the last chapter, Karma's surprise party was in full swing but she decided she wanted to have fun and dance with a boy named Jules

Part 3/3
(As a little refresher of the last chapter, Karma's surprise party was in full swing but she decided she wanted to have fun and dance with a boy named Jules. As she was whining and grinding all up on him, Jesse came (late) and interrupted them asking why she didn't wait longer for him to show up.)

I froze as I looked up at Jesse as I watch him clench his jaw with his eyes averting from mine when he looks at Jules in anger.

If I knew he was coming I probably wouldn't have agreed to dance with Jules.

But at the same time, he has absolutely no right to be this upset because we don't have any ties to each other.

I didn't notice how much attention Jesse managed to draw to the three of us because although the music was still playing, The other guests kind of stopped to stare because Jesse was literally saying nothing except for huffing and puffing, curling his fists on either side of him. I could tell he was trying to restrain himself and I was thankful.

I'm not going to lie I was a little annoyed that I was about to go full-on Shakira, my hips not telling any lies at all and he just wouldn't let me be great.

I look over to my left and I notice Paola and Ryan looking at me warily to see what I would do to end the staring match that Jesse is currently in with Jules who I'm surprised is still holding eye contact.

I was about to say something until Jules beat me to it, "Can I help you, man?"

Jesse raises his eyebrows and replies back to him saying, "The last thing I need is your help, man." He mocks Jules before continuing "Do you always dance with other people's girlfriends?" he asks and I widen my eyes as my mouth opens slightly, no words able to come out of my mouth as I stare in shock when Jules looks at me for confirmation, he only receives a blank stare from me when I move my eyes to look over at Jesse who is still glaring at Jules.

Jules licks his lips quickly as he averts his eyes from me to look Jesse up and down, "Well that depends. Is she aware that she's your girlfriend?"

"Oh shit." I hear Ryan say quietly as he and Paola begin to snicker to themselves as they were still stood next to us with a front-row seat to this whole show. I look over and glare at him and his childish antics this is not the time for them.

Though I'm sure that Jesse doesn't notice as he gives Jules a calmer, blank expression similar to the one that I have on my face out of pure shock.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse was already thinking of ways to kill Jules after that last comment.

"Why don't you ask her?" Jesse says to him and that leads both Jules and Jesse to look at me again waiting for me to either confirm or deny this lie that Jesse has already spun.

Both of my eyebrows raised in shock as I stare at the two men who look at me waiting for me to make the other person look wrong. I don't miss how Jesse Narrows his eyes at me and my silence but can he really blame me?