eleven

One Week Later

One Week Later

So after I got back home that day I was in so much trouble. I'm not allowed to stay after school unless it's for school activities and I'm not allowed to leave my house when I come back. Paola's also not allowed over that whole month.

My mom has already started to side-eye Paola as a friend and she began to question if every other time I said I was doing something with her was a lie as well.

I doubt that Paola's mom knew about it though because apparently, Mrs.Ramirez ended up falling asleep right after and Brian ended up covering her like he said he was. Sadly, that didn't work out for me because the moment they asked me where I went I start crying and just told them everything because I can't bear to lie to them sometimes.

This past week I couldn't help but think about everything that Whitney told me.

I have no recollection of anything that could have happened with me and Jesse before waking up that morning.

I don't even know how I let myself drink my life's problems but I think I'll listen to Whitney. This could all be one big rumor and I wouldn't believe it if anyone else had told me but since it was Whitney I have no choice but to.

For the last week anytime Jesse tried to speak to me I always made the move to ignore him.

For example, in AP calc he tried sitting on the side of the room that Paola and I normally sit in. Which I thought was weird especially when he made some poor boy get out of the seat behind me so he can sit behind us.

He would tap me a couple of times but I would pretend I didn't feel it. He also called me Honolulu a few times and I thought that was weird especially since my name sounds nothing close to it. It felt familiar but I just remembered that it's like the capital of Hawaii or something. I didn't think too deep into it.

Then I got offended that he didn't even care to learn my name even after Mrs.Tran calls it in the roll during every class. But then again, he always comes late after the roll has been called but it's still no excuse. So I pretended I didn't hear him either and he later gave up.

In AP Calc.

That didn't stop him from trying to get at me during Honors Chemistry.

We were working with chemicals, wearing white lab coats, and everything.

We were working with acids and bases. He came up behind me to grab a pair of goggles as I was carrying a test tube of fluorine and my partner was holding a beaker of hydrogen.

The shelf of glasses was right behind my partner's and I's table and Jesse, accidentally knocked me into the table as my waist hit the side of it and I dropped the fluorine inside the beaker of hydrogen on accident thus causing a huge explosion and creating Hydrogen Fluoride.