fifty-one

Recap: The last Chapter was a filler but pretty much Jesse and Karma established that they can't get freaky in her house because her parents don't want her to date :)

"Did you get the answers for math? I don't have the energy to hold a graphing calculator." Paola says to me as she's laid across the foot of her bed on her back looking through her phone, Justine sitting at the desktop computer chair to the right of the bed as I'm laid back against the headboard with my laptop on my lap.

Sighing, I open up the binder that was sitting next to me and pull out the worksheet that Mr.Maddow has given us to complete and return by the next class.

Throwing it at her, the sheet of paper lands directly on her face, blocking her vision from the phone. She says a quick thank you with the sheet still on her face before sitting up abruptly, it falling on her face as she turns her head to look at me.

"Now that we've got that out of the way, I have more time to focus on that fact that you're dating Jesse Duran" she scoffs jokingly and wiggles her eyebrows

I shrug my shoulders trying not to smile or laugh but I immediately fail when I crack a grin, shaking my head looking back at my laptop screen avoiding eye contact from the other two women in the room.

Hearing both of them 'aw!' at my reaction I immediately feel like leaving this room and never coming back, "Have you ever even had a boyfriend?" I hear Justine ask me and before I can answer, I hear Paola laugh loudly in both of our faces at the question and I roll my eyes but I choose to answer anyways

"Yeah...Jesse might be my first." I say quietly

"What's that? I don't think she heard you?" Paola says to me smugly

Picking up the pencil next to me, I chuck it at Paola's face hitting her square in the nose, "Next time I'll aim for the eye."

"You've never had a boyfriend?" Justine says placing her hand on her chest looking at me in shock

"No! Why is that so surprising? You guys have met my parents." I say this and it causes Justine to nod vigorously

"I get it. Nevermind," she says dismissing that part of the conversation

"I'm just disgusted that it's him." Paola says rolling her eyes as she looks back and forth from my paper to her own as she writes down the answers, "Would you ever introduce him to your parents."

"I already have." I shrug

"As your boyfriend?" They ask in unison and I shake my head, "They know he's my friend, and they both really like him."

"So you gonna keep him as a friend for your whole relationship?" Justine raises an eyebrow

Am I? I would love to tell my parents about him but just the idea of having a boyfriend alone has proven to be an issue in my household so I'd rather not. They're gonna be even madder when they find out that he's been my boyfriend and I've been bringing him to the house.