sixty-six*

Third Person

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Jesse had given his name to a woman standing at the front desk to ask about his reservation.

Once the reservation had been confirmed, Karma couldn't help but he a bit surprised that Jesse actually got a seat in the main dining area instead of a private area. Jesse's reasoning for that had been that he wanted to show Karma that he wanted nothing more than for them to claim each other.

They had been so into each other that they didn't realize that other students from their school had been there whether with their families or their own significant others.

There was no denying their relationship anymore.

Jesse Duran is officially off the market.

People had wondered what he was doing with her, and if she knew what she was doing being with him, and whether or not she heard the rumors about what he did.

Not only had she heard the rumors, but she had also witnessed him in action. She had known she was crazy but she didn't care because she had never met anyone that made her feel so secure even with a job that doesn't guarantee a happy-ever-after fairytale ending all the time.

If there was one thing she learned whilst being with Jesse. It's that you are the author of your own story. And who better to co-write it with her than the man that she was was currently sitting across. After all, the story was theirs. The love that they shared.

Both of them had been overwhelmed with emotion, although they tried to hide it from each other.

They were both in disbelief that they had chosen each other to be partners, much like the few people that did recognize them in the restaurant.

They were an hour into the date before, Karma cleared her throat nervously. With her emotions being on high, and how good the date was going the last thing she wanted to do was ruin it but she did not want to enter a new chapter of their relationship starting it off on a lie, keeping this to herself.

"Jesse?" Karma called for him to which he responded with a hum, "I have something to tell you."

Jesse looks up at her narrowing his eyes, "Uh oh. That sounds serious."

Licking her lips quickly, Karma wipes her sweaty palms on her dress, "Um. The other day, Paola and I were going to go, tutor these freshmen that we got paired with and--"

Jesse's quick to cut her off, whispering, "What did they do? You need me to handle them? If you don't want me to use the gun, I can get Cyrus to scare them a litt--"

"No!" Karma says quickly, "Nothing like that."

"Then what is it? What's got you all nervous?" Jesse says softly resting his hand on top of Karmas that was on the table

"There's really no easy way to say it, um. Mr.Maddow...kind of kissed me?" Karma says

Jesse blinks at her slowly, going to take his hand off of hers but Karma quickly grasped his fingers together in her grip, "I don't know what happened or what came over him but he kissed me and I-I swear I push him off of me as quick as I could. And then I sort of slapped him and ran off. I just--this night has been going so well and I didn't want to ruin it but I also didn't want to wait too long to tell you."

Jesse agreed that they had been having a good night so far and because he didn't want to ruin it, he decided to suppress his anger. Knowing that tomorrow was Saturday and he had already had plans to deal with Mr.Maddow personally.

"Okay," he says. Karma raises her eyebrows.

"Okay?" she asks

"You didn't kiss him back. I know you're not going to tell me to hurt him or anything so there's not really anything to say." Jesse shrugs, "I will admit, I'm proud you hit him though." he smiles and she grins back squeezing his fingers.